Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

can't use me.com as default email

• 21-04-2012 11:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭

I've had apple email addresses since it was .mac

When I enter my icloud account, using me me.com email, it defaults to the @mac.com email.

This means that when I go to send emails, it defaults to the mac email address and therefore replies come into that address.

I get a massive amount of spam and nothing else to the mac.com address so everything that comes into that address is routed to a folder and pretty much ignored. me.com is main email address given to people.
    It's also a pain if somebody emails me on another account (which is forwarded to the me.com address) and i go to reply, it goes from mac.com and there reply could go unnoticed for a while.

I do have the ability to send from other emails (although not me.com as it will only allow mac.com) by setting up other accounts

Does anyone know how to use icloud with my me.com email and not my mac.com email, even though they're pretty much the same thing?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,680 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

I'm not sure I understand you correctly.

You've transferred your old MobileMe/.Mac account over to iCloud, yes?

And you also have another iCloud/@me account associated with the Apple ID you use for purchases?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭alexlyons

No. I never said anything about purchases, the "two apple ID" querie is asked loads but not this time!

I have one mobile me account and it's transferred to iCloud. the one account now has 3 email addresses.
    Mac.com
    Me.com
    iCloud.com

No matter which one I enter into my iPhone to set up the account, the account always reverts to the mac.com address in "settings>mail, contacts, calendar".
    This means when I go to send an email it defaults to mac.com address. I do not have the option of selecting to send with me.com or iCloud.com.
    As stated, Mac.com isn't used as it just gets spam.

Any idea how I can get the me.com address able to send?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,680 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Sorry, Alex, I get ya now. You are talking about aliases. 

I know you can make an alias address default on the Mac by entering that address as the email in account settings. Unfortunately there's no way to do this on iOS at the moment, not with the way iCloud is set up. However, you could probably try to get around it by disabling iCloud email and creating a separate IMAP ("Other") account with the alias as the email address. This would mean manually entering the iCloud mail server settings: imap.mail.me.com, smtp.me.com.

I have a few aliases linked to my account, and they do show up when i choose what address i want to send with.

Never thought of spliting icloud and email. will try now

ok that worked, but the aliases that i created for my me.com address won't show up when i go to choose what address to use...

• Advertisement

Just enter them after the first address in the account settings. Separate each of them using a comma.

Advertisement