Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer on xBox

Options
  • 21-04-2012 11:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭

So I'm finishing college after 4 years, even though im going back again in september, but my xbox has been left alone for far too long.

So I need an epic game for the summer. I haven't bought a brand spanking new game since the first MW2!

Skyrim is tempting, but like...I'm not into them. I'm thinking something like resi or fallout...

any big releases lining up??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

Ghost Recon Future Soldier will be out next month. Otherwise BF3 or MW3 if you want some online gaming. Skyrim is an excellent game, it'll be a while before you get bored of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 30 th3 lunatik

max payne 3 :) out may 16th i think

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭MiniNukinfuts

well, a shooter may only entertain you for maybe 2 weeks. Skyrim will last for months. The new resident evil operation racoon city is rubbish, don't waste your time with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭erkifino

I found Skyrim is very similar to Fallout. Well worth the money. Although, when you say you're not into it, does that mean you prefer guns?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭El Inho

erkifino wrote: »
    I found Skyrim is very similar to Fallout. Well worth the money. Although, when you say you're not into it, does that mean you prefer guns?

yeah like not trying to offend anyone, but when i saw the layout of skyrim from videos and that i thought warcraft and that kinda thing, and just thought...no no ...not for me...

but many seem to like it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

eldwaro wrote: »

yeah like not trying to offend anyone, but when i saw the layout of skyrim from videos and that i thought warcraft and that kinda thing, and just thought...no no ...not for me...

but many seem to like it.
    Skyrim, serious hours of play to be had from it. Think my save is at 140 hours with only 4 of the actual story missions completed. If you're looking for one game to take your summer I'd recommend it 1000%.

Max Payne 3 is looking like quite good as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭erkifino

The Mass Effect Trilogy maybe, can get the 1st for around a tenner...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 638 ✭✭✭flanders1979

Need for Speed, The Run is good, as is LA Noire.
    Have a look on xbox live. Its a good place to find a bargain for older games too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

The Mass Effect Trilogy maybe, can get the 1st for around a tenner...
    Definitely worth a look. The action take a bit of getting used to in the first one, but as the trilogy goes on it definitely gets much better (even the Multiplayer on Mass Effect 3 is quite good). I almost gave up on the first one because of the fighting action was a head scratcher, but it's worth fighting through (no pun intended) because your character and their choices carry over between games.

The first one, I spent about 24 hours total on it (but skipped a lot of the side quests). The second one I spent about 50-odd hours on it (did almost every side quest going) and I am about half-way through the third one (I reckon at about 20-hours).

You should be able to pick up the first two for about €20-odd. Shopping around you can get ME3 for about €40 or less. So fo €60, you'd have a good few weeks entertainment.
    (On Amazon it works out at about €61 with free delivery - http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_0_16?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=mass+effect+xbox+360&sprefix=mass+effect+xbox%2Caps%2C322)

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭bucky08

Have to agree skyrim is some game never thought id actually play a game of that type but give it two hours and you will ve hooked beautiful looking game as well

• Advertisement
Advertisement