Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB On-Line banking/Customer Service

Options
  • 21-04-2012 11:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48

Am i the only person who thinks that a payment made via laser card on a friday should not take untill the next wednesday to be reflected on your online banking?
    A thursday if it is a bank holiday.
    When i queried this on the AIB customer service line i was treated like a fooking knobhead and basically told "thats the way it is so deal with it"

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

True its a pian but all banks are the same but boi seems to be the slowest, sometimes 4 working days later. Also depends on when the retailer batches.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

When I make a payment from my Ulster Bank debit card is shows up straight away as a point of sale, it's a few days (normally three or four) before it will tell you which retailer the point of sale was made in.

Does it reduce your balance? That would be so handy, ive given up checking my balance, i just look at the reciepts!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

When I make a payment from my Ulster Bank debit card is shows up straight away as a point of sale, it's a few days (normally three or four) before it will tell you which retailer the point of sale was made in.

Same with PTSB, it shows up as a "pending transaction" until the cash moves. Handy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 marywary

Its true its a pain if you use your debit card and the transaction doesn't show up immediately but it's not the banks fault, although you can't see the transaction on your account immediately and the funds are held for the retailer, its up to the retailer to 'pass' the transaction onto the Bank, they may take a few days to do this which means you wont see the transaction on your account until they do. The bank knows this money has been promised to the retailer but can't debit your account until the retailer looks for payment from the bank. Some of them go through on the same day, others take many days, but ultimately its down to the retailer.

• Advertisement

mostly i agree, but tesco batch every night at 11pm, if i buy at 1pm on a tuesday, it can still take until friday for the money to come out of my account. the whole time it looks like i have spent nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    True its a pian but all banks are the same but boi seems to be the slowest, sometimes 4 working days later. Also depends on when the retailer batches.

Im with BOI and its instant for 99% of transaction. I very often do the transaction in shop and check my account when i leave the shop and its gone out of my accounts. The only place that this doesnt happen as quick is a place i get my coffee. Can take 3-4 days but only small purchase so no big deal. Otherwise it is straight away.

Oh good, I've just moved to BOI.

Advertisement