Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Playing music on the bus

• 21-04-2012 11:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48

I want to start a vigilante group that will violently assault anyone who plays dance music on loudspeaker on a mobile phone on a bus, who is with me?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭PinkFly

Keep the change ya filthy animal :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭AboutTwoFiddy

Public transport...I can smell the poverty...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,594 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

I want to start a vigilante group that will violently assault anyone who plays dance music on loudspeaker on a mobile phone on a bus, who is with me?

Me.

Although I'm more often on the Luas - does that count?

• Registered Users Posts: 48 ihateusernames

Domo230 wrote: »
    It's annoying but surely in a world full of drug dealers/corrupt politicians and genocidal warlords you could think of a better target for the vigilantes.

its normally one of the drug dealers clients playing the music

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,366 ✭✭✭micropig

Bus W@nkers:rolleyes::p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

You've got your first recruit, when do we start our campaign of cleansing public buses of sh1te dance music enthusiasts?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Public transport - plebeian problems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

You've got your first recruit, when do we start our campaign of cleansing public buses of sh1te dance music enthusiasts?

Can ye start with the 4/4a?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

somebodys got to go back to rockridge and get a shitload of dimes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Im in.

You can also just start countering them by playing your own music to wind them up

• Advertisement

Public transport - plebeian problems.
    considering you recently replied to a post entitled "which lather should i use" im guessing that the frustration of listening to the latest flo-rida (probably not spelt correctly) ear abuse on your way home a long days work is the least on your worries.
    Where the f*ck have ye been Mr Celtic Tiger, you have been missed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

I often play the cello on the bus, that ok? :confused:

It depends on what tunes you play, if you stick to relaxing tunes/non-rhythmic patterns you should be ok, I think it's only tunes you can dance to that'll not be allowed:pac:

thats perfect!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭jimthemental

Take the phones off them, throw them into a sweaty hurling sock, swing and bash off their heads repeatedly. Or if in Limerick ignore for your own safety.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Will this vigilante group be entirely based on the internet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

*looks around sees this isnt Ranting and Raving...procedes to go against rand without fear of ban hammer*

I think its great actualy, I say moar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

Anyone playing music on the bus should have their phone shoved so far up their anal cavity their heartbeat will synchronise with the pounding rhythm of the god-awful noise they subject everyone too.

I hate people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

brummytom wrote: »
    Anyone playing music on the bus should have their phone shoved so far up their anal cavity their heartbeat will synchronise with the pounding rhythm of the god-awful noise they subject everyone too.

I hate people.

did she brush you off tonight?

El Weirdo wrote: »
    Will this vigilante group be entirely based on the internet?
    yes, like ur experiences with the opposite sex

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

also, anybody who buys cheap €10 euro earphones that hardly insulate any sound at all. ****.

Dr Dre beats fall into this category too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

What a well thought out post.

You're gonna go far.

By bus most likely.

Brilliant. I bow to your superior wit and intellect.

Forgive me, my liege.

Super-Rush wrote: »
    What a well thought out post.

You're gonna go far.

By bus most likely.
    I use the bus to avail of the bus lanes, if i drove it would take me twice as long to get to work.
    The bus makes it easier for me to get to work..........i could use my car if it would prevent me from ridicule online but id rather get to work on time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Stompbox

I dunno, can you swing a sack of doorknobs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Recently on the bus, some oulfella who was quite out of it was returning home on the 41(dubland) and throughout the journey he ruffled through a bunch of thrown away tickets on the ground floor, took what was obviously refundable tickets into his possession in a matter of must of been just 5 stops, he maybe 1.70 richer after his mission, but would you do the same for the dosh? :confused:

El Weirdo wrote: »
    Brilliant. I bow to your superior wit and intellect.

Forgive me, my liege.

Don't bow, just get me a bus ticket and something to drown out the dance music when it happens, ear muffs or something

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

I use the bus to avail of the bus lanes, if i drove it would take me twice as long to get to work.
    The bus makes it easier for me to get to work..........i could use my car if it would prevent me from ridicule online but id rather get to work on time

You'd get there quicker if you were a bus driver.

gurramok wrote: »
    Recently on the bus, some oulfella who was quite out of it was returning home on the 41(dubland) and throughout the journey he ruffled through a bunch of thrown away tickets on the ground floor, took what was obviously refundable tickets into his possession in a matter of must of been just 5 stops, he maybe 1.70 richer after his mission, but would you do the same for the dosh? :confused:
    hmmm...........................not if it was payday

• Advertisement

Super-Rush wrote: »
    You'd get there quicker if you were a bus driver.
    would i not get there at same time?

would i not get there at same time?

No, because you're at the front of the bus:p

micropig wrote: »
    No, because you're at the front of the bus:p
    but i know my stop and im waiting at the front, i even ring the bell

but i know my stop and im waiting at the front, i even ring the bell
    Man, you're good.

Definitely a keeper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

Yea but you're not in front of the driver are you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Acacia

I'm with ya, OP. Anybody playing music that's clearly audible to others , especially the kunts who just play straight from their phones, should be chucked out of the second-floor windows. While the bus is moving.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

I used to hate this. Then I realised that I could listen to my own music instead, bought a good set of earphones, and my life has been an absolute hoot ever since. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭LincolnsBeard

You want to but more than likely you will just sit there silently pretending that you are oblivious to the sound of their ****ty music, refusing to confront them because they are 15 and from the streetz.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

I always remember this one time getting the 17A in dublin, This little troll like teen aged girl was waiting at the bus stop and she was on the phone to her friend talking about how some one asked her to put head phones on or turn it off and she was like " IF YE'RRR DARRUNT LARK ET YE CARRNN LURRMPP IT RIGHT" .

Cracks me up every time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

leggo wrote: »
    I used to hate this. Then I realised that I could listen to my own music instead, bought a good set of earphones, and my life has been an absolute hoot ever since. :)

Im picturing a 50 something female who think ipads are the new dropping the hand :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭Simi

It's just the latest in a long line of different techiques the urban riffraff have employed to draw attention to, and attempt to get people to acknoledge, their meaningless existance.

Buy your own headphones & ignore them like everyone else. Eventually they'll realise it's not working & invent a new way of seeking attention. Perhaps walking up and down the bus cutting themselves...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Get a better job OP or ask the boss for more money

Buses are for poor people

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭holystungun9

I punch them in time to the music. (the Drum and Bass, and Dubstep guys throw my rhythm a bit but I soon catch it again).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

They're not as bad as junkies rapping

BUNCHA' RATS!!

Advertisement