Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Work in Canada

• 22-04-2012 12:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Greetings,

I have recently been offered a position with a company in Toronto. I applied for my Visa immediately after my interview, but will not have it until after the time I am due to commence employment. Is there any kind of temporary Visa I can get? There seems to be very little information on the Web about this.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 329 ✭✭trant

What kind of work permit did you apply for? I'm assuming you applied for a Temporary Work Permit, which is in itself temporary visa. There is nothing you can do except wait and advise the employer that you have applied for the visa. Send them proof so they know you are serious.

It might be worthwhile if you got a letter from the new employer stating that you have been offered employment with them and asking if the application can be expedited. The letter should be dated, signed by HR and include your position and hourly rate/salary.

How long ago did you apply? Did you get confirmation with an application ID or anything like that? You can find information on processing times here:
    http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/temp.asp

Advertisement