Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

has anyone ever left their job in the middle of disciplinary period?

Options
  • 22-04-2012 12:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭

And if so how'd did you get on?
    How did you get a reference?
    Was it a bad reference?
    Did you manage to get another job?
    Were u honest with new employer?

Disciplinary action is stressing me out so much I just want to leave. Also am not that happy in my job any more, and this is only making it harder.
    But am worried if I leave now I ruin my chances of getting any way decent of a reference. I would have been a good employee before this happened, and the situation that arose was out of my control really, but that's another storey.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭nicechick!

Firstly you can and the fact that no sanctioned was issued it may not come up in conversation related to disciplinary action as such. I don't know in terms of reference checks.

Look disciplinary aren't nice but it sometimes its not always a bad thing for some its just that wake up call never to be there again! for you It gives you an opportunity to state your case and also allows the company to make it clear that certain behavior (for example following policy/procedure) is unacceptable and that putting it into a formal way may just encourage you never to do whatever is it again!

I don't know the circumstances but it may be a case of re-training, a verbal warning etc its a long process (ok I admit depends on whats happened) but it may not be as bad as you think!

Good luck

Advertisement