Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apartment fire in gardiner st

Options
  • 22-04-2012 12:40am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭

Was passing through earlier and there were five Fire Brigade units squirting water into an apartment complex on gardiner st...smoke everywhere and took a while to bring under control.
    Anybody got more info?

201583.jpg

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

201584.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Degsy wrote: »
    Was passing through earlier and there were five Fire Brigade units squirting water into an apartment complex on gardiner st...smoke everywhere and took a while to bring under control.
    Anybody got more info?

A fire would be my guess.

I'm glad its not my apartment.

Not just because its gone up in flames. But because, if that wasn't bad enough, there are people posting images of it on the web, and asking questions about it that are of no concern of theirs.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,993 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Lapin wrote: »
    Not just because its gone up in flames. But because, if that wasn't bad enough, there are people posting images of it on the web, and asking
    questions about it that are of no concern of theirs.

Do you shout and rave at the telly when the news comes on?

'This is none of our business!'

o1s1n wrote: »
    Do you shout and rave at the telly when the news comes on?

'This is none of our business!'

No. Because the news on the telly is generally newsworthy and delivered by professional reporters.

An apartment on fire is an almost daily occurance. The fact that someone happened to be passing by with a camera doesn't make it interesting.

Not having a go at the OP here. I'm just saying I wouldn't like my home posted on the web in a situation like this.

So a block of apartments catches fire in the centre of Dublin and its nobody's business?

Maybe people were killed..or maybe we should'nt mention it in case it affects the "resale value"? :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

So a block of apartments catches fire in the centre of Dublin and its nobody's business?

Maybe people were killed..or maybe we should'nt mention it in case it affects the "resale value"? :rolleyes:

Well, if someone opened a new thread here every time the fire brigade were called to a scene there would be little room left to talk about anything else.

"Maybe people were killed". If so, posting images of their place of death on the web so soon after it happened is pretty morbid. Why didn't you wait around to see if there were any bodies stretchered out of the building. Such images garner more interest on the internet, than pictures of fire engines.

As for the "resale value", the property market pretty slack at the moment and as such, I would imagine the market for burnt out flats is virtually non existant.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

I live very near there. This is something that I would be definitely interested in reading about as it does directly affect me. The traffic in that part of Dublin can be horrible, even without fire brigades blocking off lanes and closing roads.

After seeing the OP's post, I would know to give the area a wide berth in my car. Ok, so he posted it at night when traffic is not really an issue. But if he had posted during the day, it would have been, so the points still stands imo.

Well, if someone opened a new thread here every time the fire brigade were called to a scene there would be little room left to talk about anything else.

"Maybe people were killed". If so, posting images of their place of death on the web so soon after it happened is pretty morbid. Why didn't you wait around to see if there were any bodies stretchered out of the building. Such images garner more interest on the internet, than pictures of fire engines.

As for the "resale value", the property market pretty slack at the moment and as such, I would imagine the market for burnt out flats is virtually non existant.

This is the Dublin forum..people report on fires in city centre buildings all the time.

You might say it is of interest to Dublin people...alternatively we could wait for more newsworthy items such as alien landings or Bono defecating in the street.

...alternatively we could wait for more newsworthy items such as alien landings or Bono defecating in the street.

Do you post pictures of that on the internet too ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Lapin stop posting in this thread.

OP I'll clean the thread up in the morning.

I'm just in from work and its a pain in the hole to do it from the phone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

I was showing some tenants the flat yesterday planned meeting at six they rang me a few minutes earlier saying the apartment is on fire. Unfotunately the apartment is on the same floor as the one thats burnt out and uses the same common access door and staircase. I reakon the fire brigade have flooded the lot with their work.Lots of Chinese live there so its probably a wok fire. Lets hope its let soon:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Good photo of the auld TL in use,cheers OP!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭cruais

No. Because the news on the telly is generally newsworthy and delivered by professional reporters.

An apartment on fire is an almost daily occurance. The fact that someone happened to be passing by with a camera doesn't make it interesting.

Not having a go at the OP here. I'm just saying I wouldn't like my home posted on the web in a situation like this.

Just to give you a heads up... This story was reported on most of the radio stations news bulletins, so you'd might wanna get onto them and tell them their reporting isn't "newsworthy". :-/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

cruais wrote: »
    Just to give you a heads up... This story was reported on most of the radio stations news bulletins, so you'd might wanna get onto them and tell them their reporting isn't "newsworthy". :-/

Ok lets drop it now.

OP those photos are brilliant and exactly what we want around here.

Who know's maybe in a fwe years time they'll be re-posted in the hostoric pix thread.

You should consider posting them over in the Emergency Services Forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,233 ✭✭✭deandean

@degsy thank you for the photos and the post.

Advertisement