Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rehome large pleco

Options
  • 22-04-2012 1:21am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭

I have a pleco thats grown bloody huge,its competing with my oscars for space and i'd like to give it a good home...particularly would like to swap for a bearded dragon.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Anybody??

• Registered Users Posts: 24,239 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

I think it's a fairly common problem, most fish stores seem to have a few tank-busting plecos they've taken in: I know Kinsealy currently have 2 that are about a foot long each.

Maybe talk to Seahorse and see if they know anyone who'd take him in for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭fungun

what kind of size is he? I have a 450L tank so could potentially.

In terms of what I have to swap I have some spare juvenile cichlids and a couple of angels if interested

fungun wrote: »
    what kind of size is he? I have a 450L tank so could potentially.

In terms of what I have to swap I have some spare juvenile cichlids and a couple of angels if interested

Its approx 8 inches at this stage..would your angels be okay with Oscars? If not you can have the pleco gratis.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 318 ✭✭chris139ryan

Degsy wrote: »
    Its approx 8 inches at this stage..would your angels be okay with Oscars? If not you can have the pleco gratis.
    if the oscar is big yes he will eat the angels

• Advertisement

google suggests no unless its a small peaceful oscar in a large tank. and going to stay that way :P

google suggests no unless its a small peaceful oscar in a large tank. and going to stay that way :P

Hmm..i have two,they arent small and they sure arent peacefull so ya can have the pleco!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

it's weird, i don't think my 2 pleco's have grown much at all in the time i've had them, i'm starting to think they might be dwarfs. :)

Thanks Degsy, he is safely rehomed & looks good! :pac:

Thanks Degsy, he is safely rehomed & looks good! :pac:

Good stuff...keep me posted if he gets any bigger!

• Advertisement

are snails ok and moving? hope they werent in cold water too long!

are snails ok and moving? hope they werent in cold water too long!

Snails are okay..hanging out beside the filter,i presume to get away fom the fish.

Advertisement