Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

My car is my best friend.

• 22-04-2012 2:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

Just thought I'd share.

For the past year I have been driving an 01 polo. This weekend I left it into the garage (for its fourth service in 14,000m), and got insured on my dads car, a 2005 Mazda 6.
    So seeing as he was being so kind as to let me have the car, I decided I was going to give it a good clean as he hasn't washed in it YEARS. I love cleaning cars even though I'm generally a messy, unorganised person. This included steam cleaning and power washing, waxing and just making it look damn sexy in general. Im fairly sure at this point, I realised my time in the polo is coming to an end. I honestly felt ashamed, as if I was betraying my little polo.
    Later on I decide to go to a party my mate was having. I ended up driving to his house and thinking I'd probably have more fun spending a few more minutes driving. So anyways, a few minutes turned into a few hours and I found myself driving around trying to get lost, an excuse to spend longer in the car..
    I found myself pondering while driving "Isn't it amazing that I'm in a big piece of metal, and its hurling me where ever I want to go" and other similiar questions.
    I had fifty euro left in my account to do me till friday for food and everything else but fook it, I spent it on petrol, the drive was worth it.
    I drove through rough areas and posh areas but it didn't matter. I was in my own little world.

Is this something that others feel? Or am I just a freak? Im pretty sure that any car I own is my best friend haha. Fook tax rates, Fook insurance premiums, fook petrol prices, fook working out MPG. For some peolpe (for me anyway) driving isn't just about getting from A to B.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,217 ✭✭✭Justin10

Looking after your car. Normal.

Talking to yourself asking stupid questions.
    Ditching your mates.

Your crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭ger10

Haha no I should explain, I was arriving late to a party that I wasn't going to be drinking, and I knew that by the time I got in everyone else would be pissed and it would just be awkward and boring. Not to mention, I wouldn't know a whole lot of people there, it wasn't in my area.

Maybe I am just a weirdo! Ah well .... :P

...... no food for the week now though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

RoverJames wrote: »
    ...... no food for the week now though.

So nothing to counter the invariable dose of the munchies!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Yeah, this isn't going anywhere.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement