Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adding text with background to avi video

Options
  • 22-04-2012 10:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭

Hi,

I have an avi video that I did from a screen cast software. I want to add White text on a blue background throughout the video to explain what's going on.

What software is the best to do this? I have windows live movie maker 2011 but it's not the best. I also have the full CS5.5 suite but not sure which exact programme to use. Any advice?

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Photoshop Extended can edit video quiet easily. The other CS video applications like Premier can do this but they're not the easiest to use for a novice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 mikerawlins

I am also trying to put text on the video I made. I think I will try Photoshop Extended to work on this... Thanks for the idea and will soon provide feedback about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 treacyjane

Photoshop Extended can edit video quiet easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 NonFiction

Guys, The best program in the Creative Suite to animate text is After Effects. It's the industry standard. All the idents for MTV and Comedy Central and any you see on the net and stuff where you see text doing any sort of animation is done in After Effects. It is a little tricky to use at first but there's loads of YouTube tutorials on it.
    Simply open up After Effects, Go file>import, Import your avi, Drag it down to the timeline on the bottom, Select the text tool and type. You can change the position, size (scale), rotation, the amount of time it's on screen plus there some great text effects once you get more confident with it, It's a great program once you get the hang of it. Here's one I did for a project in college.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2zyriIMOm0

Advertisement