Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry Replacement

Options
  • 22-04-2012 11:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭

Im thinking alan pardrew now, does anyone agree?

He is a london based chap so would prob welcome the move back

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Emoran

If they finish above us why would he want to leave ?! 4th are in there hands and in flying form while we're a sinking ship with a seriously low morale with a few of our top players possibly going to move on.

Don't think we could get him and as I said why take Europa league over champions league. He's gaining hero status over in toon he should milk it while it lasts

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Why would he come to Spurs? Newcastle may well be in the CL next season and it's unlikely we will. If that happens he'd be mad to leave. Plus, they have plenty of potential and IMO he should see what can be done.

I can't really think of a decent replacement who'll come without CL footie so it could be someone like Rogers, if he'd come.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Take a chance on Brendan Rodgers?, Capello? Rafa? Not much that would please me TBH

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭bradolf pittler

brendan rodgers is this seasons ian holloway just as swansea are this seasons blackpool,i dont think levy would take a chance on him tbh.
    i wish ancellotti was available,would be perfect for us,a winner.he even said he would be interested in us earlier in the year until he took over at PSG.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭yidweiser

Ancellotti :D

• Advertisement

yidweiser wrote: »
    Ancellotti :D

He's at super-rick PSG so no chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Moyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

I'll wait until our current manager is gone before I discuss a new one.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭bogtreader

Agree with Hatch wait until the door closes behind Harry before making any suggestions

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

I thought this was the thread for folk who wanted to discuss who our next manager should be?:p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

Capello, would be ironic but he has an exceptional record at club level.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭whitey21

Paul Lambert???

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭golfball37

Some one who can set us up defensively to play on the break away from home would be a good start. If Capello was available I don't think we should look elsewhere, tbh I'd even take Rafa as there's no way we'd be as open as we have been or as poor at set pieces.

When the business end of the seaon comes the teams that put in the work on the training ground come to the fore. We used take pride in the fact that we didn't practice set pieces or tactics, its coming back to bite now though.

My preferences in order and who is realistically available:
    1- Capello
    2- Moyes
    3- Benitez.

If we can't get any of these we should look no futher than Ottmar Hitzfeld who I'm sure would take the chance on us.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭gar

1. Hitzfeld - done it all in Germany, probably best performing league in Europe.
    2. Jol - should never have been sacked. I think he is the foundation of where we are at today. Good tactically & man manager, that and he has a stare that kills!
    3. Rogers - worth a punt. Solid and has swans playing football with average players. Wonder how he can manage an ego?

33xv3o6.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭yidweiser

Totally agree Suprsi :D
    "You're just a fat Spanish waiter.......!"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭electrobanana

How about Guardiola? he could be out of a job after tonight..

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭pancho84

Would like to see how Moyes does at a club with some sort of cash behind him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

pancho84 wrote: »
    Would like to see how Moyes does at a club with some sort of cash behind him.
    Wouldn't be too bad I'd say.

They were talking about Pardew on SSN to replace 'Arry. Honestly I think Chris Houton did allot more for Newcastle then Parse.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

what about martinez

in the last few weeks he has masterminded victories against arsenal, man united and newcastle.

He is supposedly very good tactically and all the other managers rave about him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

for once i agree with mickman! has stuck to principles all year with wigan. Would think he is worth a shot.

I was actually thinking that yesterday too. He's done well on a tight budget alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Wouldn't say no to Martinez, could do far worse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

mushykeogh wrote: »
    for once i agree with mickman! has stuck to principles all year with wigan. Would think he is worth a shot.

for once ??? I thought we were all the one mushy :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,917 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

THFC wrote: »
    Wouldn't say no to Martinez, could do far worse.

Me neither.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Just saw a post on the Soccer thread that Hodgson has been approached by the FA for the England job today,anyone hear anything about that ??

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

It's true.

The Football Association has made its first move towards appointing a new England manager after being granted permission to speak to West Brom head coach Roy Hodgson.

Harry Redknapp has been the long-term favourite to succeed Fabio Capello, who resigned in February, but there has yet to be an approach for the Tottenham boss.

Instead, the FA's first decision has been to ask for discussions with ex-Switzerland boss Hodgson and the governing body has been given the green-light by West Brom chairman Jeremy Peace.

FA chairman David Bernstein said: "I'm grateful to Jeremy and all at West Bromwich Albion for their co-operation in allowing us to approach Roy, who I have since spoken with.

"Roy is the only manager we have approached and we remain on course to make an appointment within the timescale we set out soon after Fabio Capello's departure.

"Further conversations will now take place with Roy and my Club England colleagues before any further announcements can be made."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/12016/7716898/FA-approaches-Hodgson

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭richardjjd

I'm worried by the talk about Martinez, Moyes or Rodgers. They haven't done what we need a manager to do: to manage a large, expensive squad (we're the fourth highest spender in the premiership over the past eight years. Link). We need someone who can get us into the champions league regularly. Martinez, Moyes and Rodgers have all done very well managing small squads cheaply assembled. But that doesn't make them right for Spurs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Amazing development

Advertisement