Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Next game is biggest of the season ????

Options
  • 22-04-2012 11:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭

I know this is early but Harry has to put his head down and get the team together for next sunday

We are live in front of the sky cameras against a very poor blackburn side who are fighting for their premier league survival

Team has to be

Friedal : Our number 1 and has had a great season . Deserves our support
    Walker : Excellent season and one of our best players
    Ekotto : No alternative
    King : Our leader at the back and a top CB
    Kaboul - Our best player all season
    Bale : Our most explosive player
    Modric : Our most naturally gifted footballer
    Parker : Our captain and Englands captain
    Lennon : One of our most dangerous players
    Adebayour : Our best frontman to lead the line
    Defoe : OUr best finisher

I think vdv has to be dropped - he was out during the week saying he wants to finish up playing in Holland. He has had a bad time of it recently and is so terribly slow and cant make a full 90 minutes.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭RoboClam

Well I think the last game should have been the biggest game for us and should have been our turning point. I don't have much hope that we can win the next four really.

Regarding your line up, I think Gallas may be a better choice than King, but really as it is, they are both useless. I hope Kaboul is back for this. I really don't think that we should set out in a 4-4-2 either. Every time we do it we are so open on the counter attack, which Yakubu excels at.

In my opinion we need VDV on the pitch. We barely threaten to score recently and a bit of magic from VDV could be the difference. Defoe does not deserve to start, but should come on at 60 minutes if we need him. If both Bale and lennon stay on the ****ing wings, hey, we might have a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

If we don't win im simply calling this season quits and ill talk to you all next august..... any kind of three points will do! I haven't given up on 4th yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,744 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Biggest game of the season was man city away. Next biggest was arsenal a few weeks ago. 3rd biggest was the game after aresnal. 4th biggest was yesterday.
    The next game is no longer crucial as we do not hold our destiny in our own hands and we rely on others results.

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭bradolf pittler

each of the last 9 games in the league have been this biggest game of the season.
    arsenal lost
    utd lost
    everton lost
    stoke draw
    chelsea draw
    swansea win yayyyyyyyyy
    sunderland draw
    norwich lost
    qpr lost
    i honestly wouldnt be suprised if we didnt win any of the remaining games but we spurs fans are masochists and theres always hope.1 win could kick start the belief in the players to get the job done.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭yiddo59

Leave out VDV and start Defoe? Don't make me laugh! VDV gives more in 60 minutes than Defoe does in an entire game. Leave Mr Offside on the bench and bring him on with 20 to go.As for Ledley past his sell by date.
    Agree with you on Kaboul though ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

yiddo59 wrote: »
    Leave out VDV and start Defoe? Don't make me laugh! VDV gives more in 60 minutes than Defoe does in an entire game. Leave Mr Offside on the bench and bring him on with 20 to go.As for Ledley past his sell by date.
    Agree with you on Kaboul though ;)

Does he though mate ? At least the little fella works hards and chases fellas down, and stays up front which helps..VDV spends most of his time trotting around with his beyonce bum popping along with him.
    In saying that, VDV's best asset is probably getting important goals, which helps !!

mickman wrote: »
    Ekotto : No alternative

Surely Rose is entitled to a chance no ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Surely Rose is entitled to a chance no ?

must be now that BAE is meant to be out for the season

Does he though mate ? At least the little fella works hards and chases fellas down, and stays up front which helps..VDV spends most of his time trotting around with his beyonce bum popping along with him.
    In saying that, VDV's best asset is probably getting important goals, which helps !!

Defoe works hards and chases fellas down? He must have a more energetic twin brother that I dont know. :D

Yeah VDV regularly covers the most distance of any of our players.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

RoboClam wrote: »
    Yeah VDV regularly covers the most distance of any of our players.

Thats not a good thing when he is supposed to be playing in the hole behind the striker

Whats the point in him floating around the back 4

mickman wrote: »
    Thats not a good thing when he is supposed to be playing in the hole behind the striker

Whats the point in him floating around the back 4

Totally agree. But the point was made that VDV doesn't work hard, which I don't agree with.

If Harry told him to stay in the hole and for our wingers to actually play on the wings, I think we may stand a chance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

Leave out VDV and start Defoe? Don't make me laugh! VDV gives more in 60 minutes than Defoe does in an entire game. Leave Mr Offside on the bench and bring him on with 20 to go. ;)

:eek: you just made me laugh !

Defoe works hards and chases fellas down? He must have a more energetic twin brother that I dont know. :D

Harsh :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

I was wondering the same thing,Defoe chases fellas down??:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭pancho84

BAE out for rest of season.

Team for me has to be:

Fridel
    Walker................King..............................Kaboul..............Rose
    Lennon...................Parker.....................Modric................Bale
    ......................................VDV..........................................
    .........................................Ade..........................................

Its essential to play the wide players wide and not for Bale to come inside. Not a huge fan of Rose but no other option.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

pancho84 wrote: »
    BAE out for rest of season.

Team for me has to be:

Fridel
    Walker................King..............................Kaboul..............Rose
    Lennon...................Parker.....................Modric................Bale
    ......................................VDV..........................................
    .........................................Ade..........................................

Its essential to play the wide players wide and not for Bale to come inside. Not a huge fan of Rose but no other option.
    Rose can't do any worse than BAE has been doing for the last while.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

In fairness he offers pace, enthusiasm and a bit of trickery, and will be dying to prove his worth for the last few games of the season. Could be a big chance for him so let's hope he takes it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,917 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Rose covered the remaining games of last season and was outstanding. C'mon Danny, time to shine!

tippspur wrote: »
    I was wondering the same thing,Defoe chases fellas down??:confused:

Well he does a lot more of it than that lazy cnut vdv.

• Advertisement

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    Rose covered the remaining games of last season and was outstanding. C'mon Danny, time to shine!

Rose a perfect replacement, should have had a lot more game time before now.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Mullo76

Sugarlumps wrote: »

Rose a perfect replacement, should have had a lot more game time before now.
    Have to agree, give the kid a run. Can't get much worse at this stage so let him show his worth. Not too long ago bale got a similar chance and while I am pissed off he won't stay wide left there is no disputing what he's done for us. COYS

Well he does a lot more of it than that lazy cnut vdv.

I am assume you mean getting caught offside? :D That's Defoe's strongest trait ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

Steve kean reckons he can get a result against us today. Says he has a plan and tactics to hit out weaknesses

Most likely this means playing 11 behind the ball and cramming the midfield with players and hitting us on the break

• Registered Users Posts: 9,744 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

As per any game. We must score first and we must score early...

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭leonards

As per any game. We must score first and we must score early...

we need to score 3 quickly... at 1-0 or 2-0 up... at the mo we still never look like we will go on to win...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

I've set up a social group for streams for anyone looking for them. One's of the match today will be posted on this.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/group.php?groupid=317

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Are you allowed to do this? If so, great and thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Not sure tbh, sure we'll have to see!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I don't see why not, streams are openly talked about on the site so it's no difference in creating a social group.

Be different if it was torrents on the film forum Ya know?

Advertisement