Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Next game is biggest of the season ????

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

screamer

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Quality free from Walker. Really well hit.

2-0.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,917 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Ade may as well of stayed at home. Bale was awful against a shít side. Should of hammered this lot today. Nice to see Gio get some game time if limited.

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    Ade may as well of stayed at home. Bale was awful against a shít side. Should of hammered this lot today. Nice to see Gio get some game time if limited.

nothing positive?

personally i think we played very well today. granted blackburn were poor but you can only beat whats in front of you.

walker, vdv, lennon, modric, sandro kaboul were all excellent today.

and i dont think adebayor was all that bad.

sorry i will agree it was good to see gio get a run. never can understand why he isnt given more time. he came with a brilliant reputation. and i have mates who only watch spanish football and swore he was a great signing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

That's a bit more like it,but with all the possession we had we should have scored more.Some strike from walker though !

keane=cock wrote: »
    nothing positive?

personally i think we played very well today. granted blackburn were poor but you can only beat whats in front of you.

walker, vdv, lennon, modric, sandro kaboul were all excellent today.

and i dont think adebayor was all that bad.

We won a game.

We won a game.
    :D

should have started with that so

We really should be winning those remaining three games. Bolton and Villa are as poor as it gets. Home to Fulham quids in.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

I loved Walkers interview :

I dont practice free kicks I just had a feeling and asked rafa if I could take it and he said no.. Then Rafa said ok then and I just hit it:cool:

The team spirit and belief seems to be back:D:D:D

Next game cant come quickly enough IMHO

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Im not surprised that Parker dropping to the bench has resulted in goals. He has been excellent all season but he has a nagative impact on our attack, Sandro does a much better job overall imo and should start the remaining games. That said I didnt see the game (was travelling at the time), how was the performance?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

THFC wrote: »
    Im not surprised that Parker dropping to the bench has resulted in goals. He has been excellent all season but he has a nagative impact on our attack, Sandro does a much better job overall imo and should start the remaining games. That said I didnt see the game (was travelling at the time), how was the performance?

Sandro has a much better ability to turn a tackle into a counter attack so much better than back-pass-parker......I love Parker but Sandro was MOTM for me and if it wasnt for walkers free kick he had it in the bag.

The amount of 50/50s Sandro won was immense and he was unlucky not to score hitting the bar with a bullet of a shot and Robinson beaten..:)

He went on a few runs where he had 4 players trying everything and failing to get the ball back from him..

Id deffo drop Parker for the remaining games he and his hamstring badly needs a rest anyway ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Emoran

Sandro was absolutely phenomenal today... Sign him up on a longer improved terms contract before he gets poached. Definitely deserves more game time.

Walkers goal .... Nothing else needed to be said :)

Spurs winning ? I'm not going to lie it genuinely felt weird/surprising which I'm not sure is a good or bad thing.

3 very winnable remaining games... 9 points please !

COYS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

Hope we don't go in for Adebayor in the summer , he's a donkey , not prolific enough for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Emoran

BERBA wrote: »
    Hope we don't go in for Adebayor in the summer , he's a donkey , not prolific enough for me

Wounded giraffe is the description I would have given ! Unless he's happy taking at least a 60% percent paycut we get him for under 10 million and he's happy being a squad player I'm not interested in him.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Agreed. There's no denying that he's had a major part to play in our season, but he's just not prolific enough. He gets the chances, and is often in the right place, but just doesn't put the ball away enough. For his wages we could definitely get someone who will score more goals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

I reckon Saha would defo have scored today if he got 30 mins

A great win , we huffed and puffed but this game will be great for the confidence

Win last 3 and what will be will be

mickman wrote: »
    I reckon Saha would defo have scored today if he got 30 mins

A great win , we huffed and puffed but this game will be great for the confidence

Win last 3 and what will be will be

For sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

11 - The amount of tackles by Sandro vs Blackburn, the most by a PL player since Mascherano vs Liverpool in March 2010. Beast!

1 - Kyle Walker scored Tottenham's first goal from a free kick situation in the PL this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

11 - The amount of tackles by Sandro vs Blackburn, the most by a PL player since Mascherano vs Liverpool in March 2010. Beast!

1 - Kyle Walker scored Tottenham's first goal from a free kick situation in the PL this season.
    Spurs first free kick scored in the PL in about 5 years I'd say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭yidweiser

Sandro - A BEAST indeed :D We have got to hang on to this guy. He is our YaYa Toure. Not bad for £9m! Super engine and great tackler. Check out the clips of him on Youtube when he played in Brazil. One clip he slides in wins the ball, back on his feet in half a second, rounds another player and then plays a cross to the back post for them to score! The goal he got last season against Chelsea was class. One the Hudd would have been proud of!

Advertisement