Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Iphone 4s Bill Plan

Options
  • 22-04-2012 11:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭

I'm currently still on my first iphone, the original, which has served me well in the 4+ years i've had it. I'd say it was one of the first into the country!

Anyway I'm looking to get a new 4s. I was tempted by three because they seem to have a great price plan and unlimited data seems great but i've heard bad things about their coverage!

Just wondering what network ye'd recommend? I'm looking to get a bill around the 40-50. not worth anything higher! I currently only spend 20 a month!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

The Meteor 45e package is 200mins, 200texts, 5gb of internet, and if you sign up in a Meteor store before the end of the month, you will get free Meteor calls and texts too. 2 year package and the phone is 49e for a 16gig 4S

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭bemak

thats fairly good alright!

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭JDPhotography

chrislad wrote: »
    The Meteor 45e package is 200mins, 200texts, 5gb of internet, and if you sign up in a Meteor store before the end of the month, you will get free Meteor calls and texts too. 2 year package and the phone is 49e for a 16gig 4S

is 5gb alot?
    id be using internet quite a bit?

also, would they require a deposit?

is 5gb alot?
    id be using internet quite a bit?

also, would they require a deposit?

5gb is more than enough for 99% of people. Unless you are streaming the likes of Netflix or Internet radio constantly, you'll be fine.

You could be asked for a deposit or you could not. Sales staff won't know, and would prefer you not to get one. It's up to the Credit Control department.

5gb is more than enough for 99% of people. Unless you are streaming the likes of Netflix or Internet radio constantly, you'll be fine.

You could be asked for a deposit or you could not. Sales staff won't know, and would prefer you not to get one. It's up to the Credit Control department.

id be using the likes of whatsapp, viber and alot of facebook?
    might pop down to my local emobile/meteor store and have a look :cool:

• Advertisement

id be using the likes of whatsapp, viber and alot of facebook?
    might pop down to my local emobile/meteor store and have a look :cool:

Nah, that would never go over the 5gb unless you're using a lot of Viber, and by lot, I'm taking 500+ hours a month - Viber uses about 14mb per hour on calls.

Nah, that would never go over the 5gb unless you're using a lot of Viber, and by lot, I'm taking 500+ hours a month - Viber uses about 14mb per hour on calls.

ah thats grand so

went down but they were closed :(

• Registered Users Posts: 28,215 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

ah thats grand so

went down but they were closed :(

Your lucky because what Chris told you isn't exactly correct, 5gb isn't much and if your tethering you could fly through 5G is a few hours using Netflix, Remember that it's a 2 year contract so the length of time it takes to receive 5gb will be considerably shorter in 12mts time.
    Add that into meteor/emobile have the least amount of 3G coverage and it's not as good as it seems on paper.
    Try a few different network sims before you commit
    3's offer is 250 minutes & 200 texts and unlimited internet. Might be worth a look. Unless you have to have an iphone you should be looking at the HTC one X right now or the Galaxy S3 released in 2/3 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭bc dub

I'm about to leave vodafone, i think, and am weary of meteors dodgy 3g signal reports...I was with 3 before and found their customer service a nightmare to deal with.

bc dub wrote: »
    I'm about to leave vodafone, i think, and am weary of meteors dodgy 3g signal reports...I was with 3 before and found their customer service a nightmare to deal with.

I'm on a business plan I get Irish Support. Nearly worth starting up one to get it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

I know you could make the same argument a day after the iPhone 5 is out, but do you really want an iPhone 4s on a 18/24 month contract when the 5 will be out this year? We're nearly into May as it is!

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭bc dub

I'm on a business plan I get Irish Support. Nearly worth starting up one to get it.

I didnt always pay 3 on time, as you do, and they would hound me with calls. On numerous occasions they rang 10,11,12+ times a day.

Its grand with vodafone now, I just chip away weekly at the bill in the post office. Does anyone else do this, hassle free, with other networks?

i'll be going with o2 on a buisness plan ;)

i got declined the offer of the 4s with 3 over the phone
    but cpw accepted me if i pay a deposit?

Have you seen business saver, doubt o2 can come anywhere near it.

what is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

cookie1977 wrote: »

thats good :cool:
    if only i had a buisness :(

or is there away around it ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Looks like you need 2 phones for it, otherwise I'd have signed up my business for it. That's serious value.

Your lucky because what Chris told you isn't exactly correct, 5gb isn't much and if your tethering you could fly through 5G is a few hours using Netflix, Remember that it's a 2 year contract so the length of time it takes to receive 5gb will be considerably shorter in 12mts time.
    Add that into meteor/emobile have the least amount of 3G coverage and it's not as good as it seems on paper.
    Try a few different network sims before you commit
    3's offer is 250 minutes & 200 texts and unlimited internet. Might be worth a look. Unless you have to have an iphone you should be looking at the HTC one X right now or the Galaxy S3 released in 2/3 weeks.

What are you on about? That's exactly what I said.

What are you on about? That's exactly what I said.

Just checking you were paying attention:P

Where's o2 Lisa, she'll tell us 150mb is more than enough the crazy lady.

• Advertisement

Just checking you were paying attention:P

Where's o2 Lisa, she'll tell us 150mb is more than enough the crazy lady.

:P:P
    so im guessing o2's All in 400 for €50 a month aint worth a shi*e with there 700mb data allowance:mad:

:P:P
    so im guessing o2's All in 400 for €50 a month aint worth a shi*e with there 700mb data allowance:mad:

If they used truthful names for their plans it would be called, grease up and bend over.

Only a rich idiot would have a smartphone on o2, their data allowances are pathetic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 myword

after returning to ireland after 5 years working in uk, i decided to apply for a contract with three ireland since i was a customer with three uk and found their service good. i went into three shop on grafton street to take out the free iphone offer only to be told that i would have to pay a 150 deposite, initially i tried to get this waivered as i had a friend who was in the same situation a week prvious and they waivered the deposite charge for her. therfore to cut this part of the story short i decided not to take out the contract as a result of this. after a week thinkong about it i went into the three store on henry street to apply again for the 24 mt contract , only for my application to be declined this time. the sales assisted then informed me that i should apply for the 18 mt contract and pay 199 euro which i agreed to do. this again was declined. im just wondering how this can be the case considering that i was a three customer in the uk for a number of years and have returned to ireland for permenent employment . also my credit ratimg is good

If they used truthful names for their plans it would be called, grease up and bend over.

Only a rich idiot would have a smartphone on o2, their data allowances are pathetic.

It was declined because you were approved with a deposit in one store. You should have got it there.
    You walked from shop to shop and applied for 3 iphone's. That looks like a fraud risk as it looks like your looking for multiple iphones.

It was declined because you were approved with a deposit in one store. You should have got it there.
    You walked from shop to shop and applied for 3 iphone's. That looks like a fraud risk as it looks like your looking for multiple iphones.

would that be the casewith me then?

got acceptedwith a deposit in CPW
    but declined by 3 over the phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

Do you have a business?

I know a man in o2and he can put me on a buisness plan, for €40 with 150mb of data or €47 with a gb of data and then the iphone would cost me €178

is it worth it?

I know a man in o2and he can put me on a buisness plan, for €40 with 150mb of data or €47 with a gb of data and then the iphone would cost me €178

is it worth it?

If your the kind of person that likes punching yourself in the face to demonstrate your stupidity then it's a great deal go with it.

@your other point, if you try a 3 store and go on an 18mt contract you probably won't have to pay a deposit. Your best off going to a 3 store rather than carphone. Look at the HTC one X;)

• Advertisement

Vahevala wrote: »
    Do you have a business?

2 of them for my sins.

Advertisement