Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Iphone 4s Bill Plan

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭JDPhotography

If your the kind of person that likes punching yourself in the face to demonstrate your stupidity then it's a great deal go with it.

@your other point, if you try a 3 store and go on an 18mt contract you probably won't have to pay a deposit. Your best off going to a 3 store rather than carphone. Look at the HTC one X;)

haha

was in the cpw today asking why i got declined by 3 and accepted by cpw, its because cpw accepted me

just need to wait for my bank statement to come in the post and then its new phone time :)

can the 4s tether?
    if soi can get rid of my o2 dongle with there crappy 5gb for €20 a month :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

no you cant tether on three's plans I'm afraid.But you can with Meteor's 5GB plan. Have to say 5GB's is quite an amount of data. Ok not unlimited but still very decent with the ability to tether too when needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,215 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Get and android and you can tether on 3, you'll be braking the t's & c's of your contract but they won't have a clue. Or get an Atrix and really confuse them.

Get and android and you can tether on 3, you'll be braking the t's & c's of your contract but they won't have a clue. Or get an Atrix and really confuse them.

old thread... http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=74024062

but three's Patrick says its fine once within allowance with the unlimited plan ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

Fine with old contracts. Not allowed with new contracts. But as monkey says they can't stop you with android.

• Advertisement

srsly78 wrote: »
    Fine with old contracts. Not allowed with new contracts. But as monkey says they can't stop you with android.

has to be a way around it though ;)

Yeah you can jailbreak iphone and mess with carrier files I think. Much easier to just get android phone.

Yeah you can jailbreak iphone and mess with carrier files I think. Much easier to just get android phone.

why dont 3 allow it but other carriers do? :confused:
    stupid really, giving such a high data package but not being able to tether with it

Well they did, and people actually used it. Result is that 3s network is now overloaded and brutally slow for many people. This is why they had to stop it.

Check out all the people complaining about speed: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1367

Well they did, and people actually used it. Result is that 3s network is now overloaded and brutally slow for many people. This is why they had to stop it.

Check out all the people complaining about speed: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1367

:eek::(

so that said, theres no option on the iphone for personal hotspot now?

• Advertisement

No idea. Depends if 3 provides the phone, or if you bring one over from another network. I don't use apple, you might try asking on the apple or 3 forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

:eek::(

so that said, theres no option on the iphone for personal hotspot now?

Nope. Their carrier file forces all data through the specific tethering APN - which Three block on new accounts. Doesn't matter if you bought the phone via Three or not.

Not even Droidheads are safe anymore - few reports recently reporting tethering being disabled on Three supplied handsets via their custom firmware.

Kensington wrote: »
    Nope. Their carrier file forces all data through the specific tethering APN - which Three block on new accounts. Doesn't matter if you bought the phone via Three or not.

Not even Droidheads are safe anymore - few reports recently reporting tethering being disabled on Three supplied handsets via their custom firmware.

well that sucks :(

Just get an android. Works well with everything including mac. iPhone is only a middling phone, software is very locked down. Android is the way forward, sold every iphone ive ever got and always ended back on android.
    Galaxy S2 was phone of the last year not iphone. Back on my xperia play after 24hrs using a 4s. Theres no app for real playstation buttons. Like wise theres an app to turn android into iphone but not visa versa.

Just get an android. Works well with everything including mac. iPhone is only a middling phone, software is very locked down. Android is the way forward, sold every iphone ive ever got and always ended back on android.
    Galaxy S2 was phone of the last year not iphone. Back on my xperia play after 24hrs using a 4s. Theres no app for real playstation buttons. Like wise theres an app to turn android into iphone but not visa versa.

have had a few androids and loved them
    currently using a crappy little samsung chat

never had an iphone so would love a change

Get the iphone app its cheaper. The iPhone5 will struggle to beat the HTC One X and who.knows what Samsung have up their sleve on the 2nd of May. Couldn't be a worse timet to buy an iphone. ICS has IOS nailed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 290 ✭✭Atomicjuicer

Depends where you live.

I find the 3 iPhone 4s is brilliant but some areas apparently have bad coverage.

Best phone ever though (and I had the first iPhone too ;))

Get the iphone app its cheaper. The iPhone5 will struggle to beat the HTC One X and who.knows what Samsung have up their sleve on the 2nd of May. Couldn't be a worse timet to buy an iphone. ICS has IOS nailed.

is it as good as its made out to be?

Advertisement