Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

STUDY HELP!

• 22-04-2012 11:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭

Hey guys, okay I have a huge problem! I cannot find the motivation to study..and time is really running out! I need about 520 points and I am terrified I won't get it, yet still can't bring myself to study.
    To be fair, I am a very good student and pretty intelligent (sorry if that sounds very big-headed!) but I completely wasted my Easter holidays and after doing my homework I just waste the evenings, same with the weekends.
    Is it too late?! How much will I need to do from now on/ any tips to get going? Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25 paaula

That sounds just like me. I completely wasted my easter too and I just can't bring myself to start studying. I guess the only thing you can do is to keep thinking that it's only 6 weeks left of studying and then you will never have to study all that stuff again. You might as well make the best out of those six weeks. What did you get in your mocks? And you can still get 520 points but you need to start studying now and study properly. That's what im planning to do for the next 6 weeks, good luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭bluugirl

I keep telling myself too Paaula! cannot WAIT for it to be over! :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

Just think of what will happen if you don't get those points. No dream course/ scholarship. Hopefully that should motivate you! How did you do in the mocks? If you got around 450ish, just keep your head down and work, but if you got less remember to work your arse off because it is hard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭leaveiton

What's really motivating me at the moment is the feeling after I finished my Irish oral. For me, it couldn't have gone better, I was delighted with it, and came out feeling really happy and confident. I was on a high all day after it. That's what I want every exam to be like, and I know that if I don't study it just won't happen that way! So put yourself forward a few weeks, to when you're walking out of your exams. How would you rather feel - upset because you didn't do enough study, uncertain because you feel you did enough to do well but perhaps not well enough, or absolutely delighted because you'd studied everything and were able to answer the paper really well? :)

Advertisement