Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying e-tickets ou Toutless

Options
  • 22-04-2012 11:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭

Mods,feel free to move if not in correct forum
    I have gotten a person on toutless to sell me 2 tickets to an upcoming concert. he wants to email me on the e-tickets, and to pay by PayPal. 2 questions

1) can these e-tickets hypothetically be sold a number of times....so making mine invalid. is there any way to validate them (e.g get credit card receipts etc)

2) is there any protection with PayPal if tickets aren't valid?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

This is covered in our how to use the site section here. Basically we do not recommend this as it is easier to abuse but no method is 100% safe. I don't believe Paypal will guarantee anything outside of Ebay purchases so I wouldn't take anyones word that they do unless you've verified with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

This is a problem I am faced with, except I'm on the other end, have two tickets to sell for RHCP, except I bought them as e-mail tickets... I realize it will be quite difficult to sell them to someone you don't know, without any guarantee that the person selling hasn't made copies. Is there no site out there that can act as a guarantor, i.e if the person selling is devious and tries to scam people, they can be pursued?

I have asked Ticketmaster if there is any way they can exchange e-mail tickets for physical ones, like cancelling the barcode issued out onto the online ones, but they said no... it's incredibly annoying, and a huge dissenstive to buying e-mail tickets tbh.

Has anyone had sucess selling tickets on toutless when they are e-mail ones, or are people generally more inclined to purchase physical ones?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

I've bought etickets from people on there before. They supplied me with their full name and work address - they were emailing from a university address so it was very easy to verify they were who they said they were.

Hmm ok, tickets were bought in my mums name, via her credit card, so I guess I could provide her work address and telephone number... there is no point providing my information as I will be out of the country, hence why I want to sell the tickets

• Registered Users Posts: 14,319 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

I'm pretty sure if the buyer gets on to ticketmaster, it will be possible to get the real tickets to replace the e ticket

• Advertisement

I'm pretty sure if the buyer gets on to ticketmaster, it will be possible to get the real tickets to replace the e ticket

I rang them over the phone and the woman I was talking to, said there wasn't.
    But what happens if your ticketmaster account was compromised for example? Surely there is a way to get them issued for real ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,319 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

I damaged real tickets before, and they sent me out copies of them, I presumed they could do the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

This is a problem I am faced with, except I'm on the other end, have two tickets to sell for RHCP, except I bought them as e-mail tickets... I realize it will be quite difficult to sell them to someone you don't know, without any guarantee that the person selling hasn't made copies. Is there no site out there that can act as a guarantor, i.e if the person selling is devious and tries to scam people, they can be pursued?

I have asked Ticketmaster if there is any way they can exchange e-mail tickets for physical ones, like cancelling the barcode issued out onto the online ones, but they said no... it's incredibly annoying, and a huge dissenstive to buying e-mail tickets tbh.

Has anyone had sucess selling tickets on toutless when they are e-mail ones, or are people generally more inclined to purchase physical ones?

Try shifting them in The Rock/Metal Ticket thread http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=2056221298

A decent sized post count, like you have, would go a long way with me, i'd buy off you anyday of the week rather than buy from a person with 1 post.

If i were selling them i'd also maybe ask for 10Euro less than face, just to be sure of getting rid of them, just my opinion though

scudzilla wrote: »
    Try shifting them in The Rock/Metal Ticket thread http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=2056221298

A decent sized post count, like you have, would go a long way with me, i'd buy off you anyday of the week rather than buy from a person with 1 post.

If i were selling them i'd also maybe ask for 10Euro less than face, just to be sure of getting rid of them, just my opinion though

Thanks for that, wasn't aware you could sell on boards... yeah cool, I'm planning on selling them for 15 euro off face value, so tickets would be €120 for the pair, thanks for heads up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

Is there no site out there that can act as a guarantor, i.e if the person selling is devious and tries to scam people, they can be pursued?

This is known as Escrow. There are sites that offer it for general internet deals but it is very expensive. It doesn't really make financial sense for anything under 1k in value to do.

People sell them all the time but it can be harder to get a buyer for them. While it takes a little more effort and imagination to do it, it is possible to scam with any ticket printed from Ticketmaster that has a barcode so it is more about perceived risk than actual risk. Generally if you meet people rather than do the deal entirely over the Internet and confirm their information when you meet them you'll reduce the risk of being scammed significantly. If you are a seller offering to do this up front when listing the tickets will encourage people to deal with you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭LowOdour

ive took advice from here and look for some concrete details before continuing with the purchase. will see how it goes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

I bought some before but only because I was able to meet the seller at the door.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    I've bought etickets from people on there before. They supplied me with their full name and work address - they were emailing from a university address so it was very easy to verify they were who they said they were.

I sold tickets at the last minute to someone who gave me their trinity email address b*tch still hasn't paid me. :mad:

Only bad experience I've had on toutless and to be honest it was my own fault as I left it too late to get cash in hand prior to sale.

I'd still definitely use toutless again.

Advertisement