Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ibc for rain water collection

Options
  • 22-04-2012 11:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭

Hi does any one have any idea where I could get my hands on a pretty clean 1000 ltr ibc either second hand or new, I am in the monaghan area but can travel to collect?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭ponddigger

hi opt.i have one .here is a photo of the ibc tank:Dponddigger:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Optimum wrote: »
    Hi does any one have any idea where I could get my hands on a pretty clean 1000 ltr ibc either second hand or new, I am in the monaghan area but can travel to collect?

You will pick them up for around 60 euro on the likes of Donedeal and Adverts.ie.

Installing trhem up a few feet off the ground ( like what ponddigger has done :)) also helip with gravity,pressure and feeding water down the hose.

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭dardevle

http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/otherfarming/3235790

this is could be close enough to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Optimum

dardevle wrote: »

http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/otherfarming/3235790

this is could be close enough to you..

Thanks,don't know how I never thought of donedeal...!
    Will phone in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭manna452121

Anyone out there using a pump to help with moving the water,gravity flow can be slow.I have a tank around 4ft off the ground.

• Advertisement

Anyone out there using a pump to help with moving the water,gravity flow can be slow.I have a tank around 4ft off the ground.

:D

I also use it for emptying and refilling my 2 large fish tanks.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,233 ✭✭✭deandean

Can anyone post the dimensions of an IBC please? Thanks.
    :

@paddy147 when I get one you can have the grille off the outside, sounds like you'll be needing a shark cage soon :pac:

deandean wrote: »
    Can anyone post the dimensions of an IBC please? Thanks.
    :

@paddy147 when I get one you can have the grille off the outside, sounds like you'll be needing a shark cage soon :pac:

Including the external cage and the plastic IBC tank pallet below,the measurements of my 600 litre tank is as follows.....

Height-100cm

Width-80cm

Length-120cm.

hi all.the dimensions for a 1000l ibc tank without the pallet are 1m w,1200 l.1m h:Dponddigger:D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Right. This sounds nuts but has anyone ever burried one of these and dropped a sump pump under it.

Think about it. Bloody brilliant solution

• Advertisement

Right. This sounds nuts but has anyone ever burried one of these and dropped a sump pump under it.

Think about it. Bloody brilliant solution

I think Ponddigger has done this before.

You would need to make some sort of earth retaining wall with concrete blocks though,as the pressure of the earth/soil would eventually press the IBC tank inwards and rupture it.

hi joey i put a few underground,if you are doing it ,make sure us put a week nix of concrete around the tank,so the sides dont cave in:Dponddigger:D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Excellent. I may have a plan.

you say use a dry mix of concrete. How much would you need to use. That is. How thick would it need to be.

hi joey.4 or 5 in of concrete around the ibc tank.will you post some photos of your new project:Dponddigger:D fill the tank with water while you are pouring the concrete

hi all.here is a handy way to clean out a ibc tank.loosen 2 bars on top.then pull out the plastic tank.see photos:Dponddigger:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3 eco_i

IBCs are nogood for rainwater collection. The clear plastic allows mould growth and thewater gets contaminated. We used them on our farm before we bough a cheap tankfrom rainsaver.ie. it dose the trick and no mould growth. They also advised usabout how to install it with no sale pressure at all

hi eco 1.have a look at this video:Dponddigger:D http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YJPhkd7Jvk&feature=relmfu

Advertisement