Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What should I do?

Options
  • 22-04-2012 12:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭

I have an essay due tomorrow, and I have been granted a weeks extension (via email with the lecturer) due to a family emergency which arose at the weekend. The lecturer is away from her office this week. Do I need to go to he school office tomorrow to tell them, or do I give in a late submission form with my essay later in the week? As the module co-ordinator is not here to sign the form, should I provide a print of her emails to provide proof of an extension?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Maldesu

From the procedure below, I'd go to the school office and bring the email with you to show proof of the coordinators absence. You have to see them anyway so just bring the evidence along with you. The head of school might sign in place of the coordinator if you have the email backing you.

Procedures
    Forms may be obtained from the School Office / Academic Secretariat Website
    Students must complete Sections A & B. (NB: It is the student’s responsibility to ask Module
    Coordinators to complete Section C). The Module Coordinator should return the form to the student.
    Students should notify the School Office of the new submission date. Students should attach the original, completed form to their coursework before submission. (NB this form should be submitted in addition to the coursework submission form/School cover sheet, which contains a declaration of authorship).
    Module coordinators may, on receipt of a student request for an extension to a submission deadline decide to:
     Refuse permission for extension, giving reasons; or
     Grant permission for extension with no penalty; or
     Grant permission for extension with a penalty, as guided by the Policy for late submission

Advertisement