Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maum Hill - Westport

Options
  • 22-04-2012 12:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

Has anyone on here ever taken on Maum Hill just outside Westport? It's the 2nd cycling part of the Sea2Summit adventure race.

How does it compare to other climbs? Whats your best time?

Last year, it almost killed me... will be better prepared this year!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭Raymzor

is this an off road section? have you looked for it on strava?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,140 ✭✭✭snailsong

Yes, the first time I rode it I had to lie down for a while at the top:). There are a series of false tops so when you think you have it cracked it can break your heart. There's five ramps in all, each one slightly tougher than the previous, allegedly reaching 25% at the end. I've done it a fair few times now and it never seems easy.

I trust you crossed from the north (Louisburgh) side. You're not really doing the Maum otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 MickeyTake

@Raymzor - only recently joined strava, so didn't use it the last time. It's not off road, mostly small country roads.

@snailsong - I came from Croagh Patrick, turned left and cycled up Maum that way. Is that the "real" Maum? If not, what is the best route to do it??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,140 ✭✭✭snailsong

That's the way.

Advertisement