Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to accept Laser cards on very low turnover shop

Options
  • 22-04-2012 12:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,501 ✭✭✭

I recently encouraged a client to drop RealEx as the payment processor and change to PayPal. This was mainly done because she only gets 3 or 4 orders per month and the ~30 euro/month fee for RealEx was not economical.

What are the options for accepting Laser payments for an online shop with a very low turnover?
    Should the site have a "Bank Transfer" option and display the bank account details?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭John_Mc

daymobrew wrote: »
    I recently encouraged a client to drop RealEx as the payment processor and change to PayPal. This was mainly done because she only gets 3 or 4 orders per month and the ~30 euro/month fee for RealEx was not economical.

What are the options for accepting Laser payments for an online shop with a very low turnover?
    Should the site have a "Bank Transfer" option and display the bank account details?

Non-existent I would imagine as Laser is only available in Ireland and Realex is the main payment gateway in Ireland.

I wouldn't spend too much time on this because within a year or two (max) all banks will be issuing Visa Debit cards instead of Laser.

You could accept bank transfer or cheque by post as a payment option for customers without a CC or Visa Debit card.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭fl4pj4ck

Moneybookers allows you to take Laser payments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

fl4pj4ck wrote: »
    Moneybookers allows you to take Laser payments

€20/month charge though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭fl4pj4ck

still cheaper than previous processor. I doubt there is a cheaper way

on the other hand, there's also GoAndPay, don't know what their fees however

If I didn't need the Laser facilities, I'd go for GoAndPay+BankTransfer combo

Advertisement