Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Navan and surrounding areas - weekday date activites :)

Options
  • 22-04-2012 12:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23

Hi all,

Does anybody know if there is a comedy club in navan or surrounding areas even in near Blanch?

Im looking for weekday date activities:) fed up going to the cinema / walks / pubs....

Would be grateful for any answers / inspiration!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,343 ✭✭✭bladespin

The Lantern lounge in Navan used to host comedy nights, not sure if they still do but it's worth checking out.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Stroke Politics

The Lantern Laughs was a comedy club in The Lantern Bar & Lounge up to about 6 months ago, and then it moved to Ryans AFAIR. I only ever heard of it having one night in Ryans, things have gotten quiet since.

Weekday activities in Navan are fairly limited, i mo thuairim. The only place that seems to make any effort at all is the Royal Meath, have been to and enjoyed the Monday night sessions where anyone can get up and sing, and the Wednesday night quiz night. The quiz is a bit of fun and only €2.00. Other weeknight activities? I go running twice a week, that's about it really, unless you're into sports.......

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Captain America's in Blanchardstown have stuff on most nights during the week, ranging from live music to karaoke to comedy nights. Peter's in Dunshaughlin does bingo on Thursday nights. Might not be your cup of tea but could be a bit of a laugh and something different!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭Tom Cruise

Newgrange farm.
    Boyne river walk.
    Solar,Palace.Night clubs.
    Or let urself gooooo and go to the races rahurururu
    I think they still have a Friday market up the town..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 imgonnarun

Thanks for the replies guys!

I had heard of the laughter lounge but as mentioned above seems to be finished, I cant find any recent info on it!

I agree with the point about sports being one of the main options and I am a big sports fan but they take up my monday n wednesday evenings.
    What i was looking for really was just some ideas for ways to pass an evening with the OH instead of falling back to the old reliable dvd especiallly now the evenings are getting longer...

We will def be checking out capatain americas, thanks for that and where is the boyne river walk mentioned above>?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭chewed

Ardal O'Hanlon is playing the Solstice on May 24th. I saw him there a few years back and he was very funny.

https://solsticeartscentre.ticketsolve.com/shows/126524055/events

Advertisement