Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

couple of easy tunes for the fiddle .

Options
  • 22-04-2012 1:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭

hi lads ..
    i am at present taken fiddle lesson i hope to pick it up quickly as i am a fast learner . is there anyone out here that can tell me of a couple of easy tunes that i can practice with on the fiddle ... trad tunes would be great . thanks lads.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

I too am in the same position as you. Twinkle Twinkle little star is an easy one!!

Marino Waltz. I know where the left hand should go, and can play it really slowly. Just a case of getting it to sound like a fiddle, and not like a bag of cats...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭snowwolf

ha ha ha ha ha ha .... i know what you mean . if you don,t mind me asking where are you getting lessons or are your lessons finished and how long are you trying to learn how to play the fiddle properly .. hope you don,t mind me asking .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

I play the mandolin and guitar for years so took up the fiddle last year. I got my sister to show me the ropes on how to hold it. (she plays).

I taught myself guitar and mando, so am trying to do this the same way. I find it frustrating and the learning curve is very steep.

I am learning bad habits already, not holding it properly etc.

I am determined to be able to knock a tune out of it before the end of the year!!

I went to one lesson,but couldn't go to anymore, but she showed me how to hold it properly and how to hold the bow......

Advertisement