Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internet never works...

Options
  • 22-04-2012 2:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭

We are with eircom and the internet does not work for most of the day. If we disconnect it and reconnect it will work for maaybe 20 minutes max perfectly and then go off again... it has issues throughout the whole day and never works consistently, which is quite frustrating. What should I do?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭thret

Call the broadband support on; 1890 26 02 60 they will simply ask you to try loads of things like pinging, etc. Which will finally lead them to do nothing else but issue you another free modem, which you will receive in 3 business days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

thret wrote: »
    Call the broadband support on; 1890 26 02 60 they will simply ask you to try loads of things like pinging, etc. Which will finally lead them to do nothing else but issue you another free modem, which you will receive in 3 business days.

Hi thret

I can see my colleague has respopnded to your post and that you are to receive a second replacement router. If this does not resolve issue please let us know.
    Thanks
    Tony

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

fufureida wrote: »
    We are with eircom and the internet does not work for most of the day. If we disconnect it and reconnect it will work for maaybe 20 minutes max perfectly and then go off again... it has issues throughout the whole day and never works consistently, which is quite frustrating. What should I do?

Hi fufureida,

Thanks for your post.

Try the following quick broadband checks first. This will save you a lot of time and if you still need to call into Technical Support, the technicans will greatly appreciate that you've done this :

http://bit.ly/BBChecks

Just keep an open mind that the modem itself may not be the source of any issue. There may also be no problem in your local area.

Once you've completed these broadband checks (if possible), then give Support a call. The checks will give them a good idication where any broadband issue is.

Broadband Technical Support : 1890 260260 (locall); Hours : 08:00 - 22:00 (7 days).

Please retain your case id /reference from Technical Support, as this will speed up your call and help if you need to follow this up. Alternatively, let me know your case id and I will follow this up with Technical Support.

Best wishes,
    Ant

Advertisement