Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bringing US Fiance to Ireland

Options
  • 22-04-2012 2:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

I have been dating my US girlfriend for a while now and we feel it's time to close the distance for good. For a long time we were planning on getting a K1 and living in the USA but recently we were thinking it may be better for her to come live in Ireland instead. We'd researched the K1 into the ground but we know very little about the process of coming here.

All we know is that we must give at least 3 months notice to the registrar but beyond that we are lost. Google just leaves us with more questions as we read different things with each result.

So we are hoping we could get some definitive answers here. One of the main questions we have is about finances. Must either of us be earning a certain amount or have a certain amount in our banks in order to marry and live here? Since I am currently living with my father, does that have any impact as opposed to having my own place?

It just seems so simple compared to the K1 process for the USA which just makes me worry that it really is not that simple and we'd be in for nasty surprises and wasted time if we actually attempted to marry and live here.

I'd love to hear from anyone who went through, or is going through a similar situation. Any help would put our minds at ease. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20 iPanda

Bump. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭blackdog2

I too would like to know!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

It is a lot simpler to bring a US citizen here than to go down the US route. I don't believe there are any financial requirements per-se

Advertisement