Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Nct Retest.. Urgent please help!!

Options
  • 22-04-2012 3:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi
    I have a retest tomorrow and i failed on one of the rear shocks...
    I replaced that shock with a new shock and I was wondering will i pass or fail because I only changed one???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,222 ✭✭✭✭biko

The test checks that the shocks are equal so you could still fail since one is new and the other part worn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

Nobody can answer that for you sitting at a computer.

It may pass, you might get lucky. You obviously know they should be replaced in pairs by right.

No point worrying about it now, send it in and see how you go. Make sure both tyres have the same pressure in them, believe it or not it can make a difference

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Rorymc5

Thanks lads... Hoping for the best

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭George Dalton

Changing one is usually sufficient to pass the NCT. But as the other posters have said it is better to change them in pairs.

Advertisement