Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Geography Field Study

• 22-04-2012 2:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

I'm really stuck with my field study!!!!
    i was out a lot and everyone has handed up their draft copy and i haven't because i don't even know where to start!!
    I'm doing it on the Portrane sea cave.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Moved into a new thread, jenny022dogs, please do not dig up threads that are 8 years old! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 141 ✭✭WilhelmFink

I know it's a bit late, but hopefully this'll help!

I only started my actual booklet today. It is possible to do in one night. I have to have mine in for Thursday (day off for Punchestown!)
    I have no idea what's involved in a sea cave study, but the general methodology is the same.

I copied this from a thread here on boards, but I can't remember who posted it. Full credit to whoever did though!

"You need One Aim and 4 Hypothesis or say 2 aims and three hypothesis.
    So..maybe Aim= to show land use has changed over time' Hypotheses = there is less residential; there is more retail than commercial; that this is a response to people moving out of the area.

Hard to give guidance as I don't know the area you studied.

Whatever your aims you choose need to be reflected in the planning section esp. what activities you planned to do to show those aims. (plus preparation, secondary scorches, maps used)

This then needs to tie into the gathering exercise you did. Should be straight forward.

you need 4 SRPs worth of Results and these results should flow directly from the gathering. DO NOT make any conclusions here. For example..."I discovered the average width of the shop front was 60 feet" & the " average width of a house from was 30 feet.." (for arguments sake). Leave it at that.....then in your conclusion you could say " I concluded the shop front was made up of two house fronts.." (that's just for illustration...it depends on what you actually did).

You need 4 SRPs worth of conclusions - which should flow directly from your results. Ditto for evaluation.

Best to have 5 of each.

You need at least TWO different types of graphs...pie and bar for example. Include your tables you sue to draw the graphs.

Hope this clarifies."

Hope this gets to you in time! Good luck, it feels great knowing you never have to look at that behemoth again! :D

Advertisement