Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bad Haircut - Advice Needed :(

• 22-04-2012 3:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone!

I got my hair cut on Friday, and asked for what I always get done, just to trim the damaged ends, tidy up the layers and trim the fringe.

Basically, she went crazy with the thinning, and I didn't notice since I wasn't watching what she was doing. I normally have thick, strong, wavy hair which I love. And now it's just gone, completely thinned to within an inch of its life! I look like I have a mullet, it's so limp looking and awful. She also put these wierd short layers in my fringe:confused: I didn't see them at all until I got home! I didn't ask for them, I usually have a normal, side-swept fringe, but now it's all "choppy" and doesn't really sweep at all any more!

It wasn't my usual stylist. It was my boyfriend's mum's hairdresser and she recommended her so highly, got me a card for 20% off with her and everything, so I'm not about to march back in there and demand my money back as I want to avoid any awkwardness.

I don't know what to do with it to try and regain some of the thickness. Did anyone have a similar experience? I'm really upset over it.:(

Any advice would be very much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭lorebringer

Really, you have only two options to change the situation - leave it the way ti is or go to another hairdresser and see what they can do. I had a bad experience with a haircut before and ended up having to cut my hair up really short. I didn't mind too much (just wanted to get rid fo the state that it was in) but this may be a bigger issue for you. Probably best to go somewhere else and ask them if there is anything they can do for you!

Good luck!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

Really, you have only two options to change the situation - leave it the way ti is or go to another hairdresser and see what they can do. I had a bad experience with a haircut before and ended up having to cut my hair up really short. I didn't mind too much (just wanted to get rid fo the state that it was in) but this may be a bigger issue for you. Probably best to go somewhere else and ask them if there is anything they can do for you!

Good luck!

Thanks for the reply! I'm considering going to my usual hairdresser to see what she would recommend. I couldn't cut all my hair up though, it would look vile on me personally, I haven't the bone structure for something like that!

I think I'm gonna have to splurge on volumising shampoo and conditioner and all the rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 purplehayz

Hey there,Hope ur hair has finally grown back. I've just had a similar experience. Went to hairdressers and i even brought a pic but hairdresser made a complete mess of it. I spent 2 years growing it out of a short cut and now i'm essentially back to square one. Girl was only a junior and was unsupervised and she basically used my hair for practice. I feel so upset and angry and there seems to be nothing i can do. Not only is it extremely short but its a very unfinished amateur cut. What can i do? Any advice would be appreciated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 embireland

Rule Number One when you go the hairdressers - never sit reading their magazines when they are cutting your hair, watch them like a hawk and say something if you are not happy with the style and the way it is shaping. Rule Number two, dont be afraid to complain. you have to live with the horrible hairstyle for 6 months til it grows out

• Registered Users Posts: 2 purplehayz

Thanks for the reply embireireland. Hair is thankfull growing out a bit by now and i decided tochange the colour while it was so short. Its taken a while but i'mfinally starting to feel a bit more like myself at this stage.:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 47 embireland

purplehayz wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply embireireland. Hair is thankfull growing out a bit by now and i decided tochange the colour while it was so short. Its taken a while but i'mfinally starting to feel a bit more like myself at this stage.:)

Yes I know the feeling of getting a bad haircut, really knocks your confidence and takes forever to grow out. Its true, your hair is your crown 'n' glory !

Advertisement