Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

'TV English Premium' app, just downloaded, too good to be true?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,680 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

I wouldn't let scammers away with this. See here for how to request a refund:

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1933

Select that the app doesn't function as expected and indicate that it was a scam. Apple will deduct it from his account.

Stuff like this goes to show just how sheltered iOS users are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

Ah yes, the masses who believed that they were going to get a sub to premium sky channels for 79c.....and then moan when the obvious scam is plugged :rolleyes:

I'm with the posters who say "fair play to the scammer - let him keep the money !":D, although I'm guessing that there is a system in place to cater for incidents just like this whereby the cash cannot be drawn down by the app dev for a particular period of time, maybe ?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,680 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Developers are paid monthly. And even then I think it takes a couple of weeks for it to be processed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭Duggys Housemate

Apple has it then, they should automatically refund.

No, Apple don't withhold payment from developers. This is their fault for approving it. They'll pay them minus the refunds and will probably terminate their account. Any user who wants a refund can request it. Otherwise they still have the app they thought could stream Sky Movies for free. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 98 ✭✭stonybroke

Got this app yesterday, wouldn't start first few times, then it started, not all channels were working, tried it this morning all hd channels working now, they pause every now and then, weird

update... some of them not working now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭McGrath5

I wouldn't let scammers away with this. See here for how to request a refund:

Select that the app doesn't function as expected and indicate that it was a scam. Apple will deduct it from his account.

Stuff like this goes to show just how sheltered iOS users are.

Cheers Sad Professor, I purchased this app myself yesterday, had a feeling it was too good to be true.
    I know it is only 79c, but its the principle.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

I hovered over the buy button when I saw this thread this morning... glad I forced myself to read to the end!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Looks like the app has hit overload, mines stuck on the "loading channels" screen.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 801 ✭✭✭jobucks

So I'm the eejit who started this thread, sorry if any of you purchased it because of that! I'm gonna let him keep my 79p, I reckon he's the next Richard Branson :)

What I want to know though is why it's still in the AppStore now though?

• Advertisement

TheTechGuy wrote: »
    Looks like the app has hit overload, mines stuck on the "loading channels" screen.

Mines the same now ' loading channels'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

I think they are refunding the purchase.

If you go into your iTunes account and you'll notice that the app is already in report a problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭barryd09

Mine is working fine, theres alot of stuff on it thats ready on filmon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Got it yesterday, all the HD channels listed are now showing that promo vid for futubox:( Anyways, all the freeview channels are working away fine though so I'm happy enough. The quality of the channels are much better than the FilmOn app. Have had 5USA on my iPad since around 6 and the stream hasn't dropped once.

EDIT: Just tried to open it there on my iPhone and it just crashes when it loads the channels. Same with iPad :(:(:(

Apple have finally pulled it. Took them long enough.

Do we get refunded now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

stonybroke wrote: »

Do we get refunded now
    You won't get a refund unless u request it

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

guil wrote: »
    You won't get a refund unless u request it

I reported a problem with it, and they said to contact the developer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Is it still working? I got it yesterday when this thread started,before sense set in, but it has no sky movies options, it's just the same channels as filmon really.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭wush06

whiterebel wrote: »
    I reported a problem with it, and they said to contact the developer

Same for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 keithshirley

I just got a refund from Apple for this.

How?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭bertie4evr

Works fine for me still.

How?

I posted this earlier in the thread:

How?

I posted this earlier in the thread:

Done that and was told to contact developer!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭gzoladz

I am surprised of Apple not giving refunds. I only once had to contact them for an issue with an app and they refunded me without asking aquestion.

Anyway, this comes to proof once again the importance of a couple of days trial to avoid this sort of scams.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 keithshirley

How?

I contacted them via the online chat on the support page.

I control my itunes payments via click and buy and had actually blocked the payment. I thought I was being smart until I found out that I couldn't update any apps while an outstanding payment was open. I initially contacted apple to get them to remove the charge for the 'scam app'. Turns out they couldn't remove it - it had to be paid first and then they refunded it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

ioslivetv via ios device safari browser just as good :-p
    includes channels from america etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭barryd09

Stuxnet wrote: »
    ioslivetv via ios device safari browser just as good :-p
    includes channels from america etc

Just discovered this site tonight aswell!

Loads of channels, streams of sky comedy, sky drama etc streaming from my ipad to apple tv, very good picture & stable.
    For some reason the bbc's, itv's ch4's etc wont work for me, or any of the american channels...pr0n, not a bother! :D

Any more of these sites for tv through safari?

EDIT-Just watching Sky Sports 1 at the minute, very glitchy stream.
    None of the other Sky Sports channels are currently working, same with Discovery & History channels. Just gotta check back tomorrow and see are they live again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Kevtherev

Movies and sports aren't working at the moment.

Advertisement