Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Job as Farm Labourer Germany

Options
  • 22-04-2012 3:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭

Going over to Germany this summer to improve my German. Currently doing German in university and just finished first year.

I am looking for a job preferably a paid one as a land labourer that will let you live with a German family and help on their farm.

I am currently thinking about doing voluntary work on organic farms with a farm in www.wwoof.de but would prefer to get paid whilst working.

I have experience in farm labour and my German is quite good. Anyone have any ideas on where to look for a job like this or any links to people or things that might help?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17 SmoMo

Unfortunately i don't know any farm,but if you google Demeter Hof you'll get quite a few ecological farms.Just give it a try maybe it's working out for you.

Good luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

I would be very careful about where you do this. My experience of farms in the Niederbayern region is that high or standard German is not the spoken language and some even struggle with it.

As such, if your intention is to improve your German, I'd double check the linguistic demographics of where you're looking to go first.

Advertisement