Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheapest inner city barber?

Options
  • 22-04-2012 3:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭

I'm looking to get a quick haircut tomorrow. Just a shave all over (I don't have an electric razor and if I did I wouldn't trust myself with it) so I'm not too bothered about quality. I'm going to be sort of between Grafton and George's Street most of the time but I'll be heading toward the quays to get a bus in the evening if any place is open late-ish (8pm).

Any recommendations? I'm definitely looking to spend less than €10.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,323 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Barber on the quays, between Ha'penny and Millenium Bridge on South side of Liffey does the job for a fiver.

Probably closed by 6 though.

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭dan185

yeah Just Cutz on the quays will be a fiver.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭nudger

C14N wrote: »
    I'm looking to get a quick haircut tomorrow. Just a shave all over (I don't have an electric razor and if I did I wouldn't trust myself with it) so I'm not too bothered about quality. I'm going to be sort of between Grafton and George's Street most of the time but I'll be heading toward the quays to get a bus in the evening if any place is open late-ish (8pm).

Any recommendations? I'm definitely looking to spend less than €10.

Go get your self a shaver €20, last you 10 years at least, it'e as easy as pie.
    And get one of the ladies to tidy up the back of your neck every now and again, they love it.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭a very cool kid

Just Cuts on the quays always has a whopper queue, go to the one on North Earl St (Over the Zumo bar)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

dan185 wrote: »
    yeah Just Cutz on the quays will be a fiver.
    Just Cuts on the quays always has a whopper queue, go to the one on North Earl St (Over the Zumo bar)

Is it the same price? A fiver sounds grand.
    nudger wrote: »
    Go get your self a shaver €20, last you 10 years at least, it'e as easy as pie.
    And get one of the ladies to tidy up the back of your neck every now and again, they love it.:D

Well like I said, I'm worried about screwing it up. Anyway I don't plan on keeping the look, I just have to shave off a mohawk and I'm going to let it go back to normal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

The barber near the Ha'penny bridge is either six or seven euro depending on which day you go in if I remember right.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭carlmango11

Could have used this thread a few weeks ago when I naively wandered into the Grafton Barber. Just under €25 for a 10 minute shave-and-scissors job!

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭StanMcConnell

There's a good barbers under Twisted Pepper on Abby Street.
    Can't remember the name, something like Bad Ass Barber.
    I think a normal cut is €10 and student is €8.

Just cuts or the polish barbers on Talbot Street are probably the best bet for cheapness though. I think they're cheap early in the week, like Monday and Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,970 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

There's a good barbers under Twisted Pepper on Abby Street.
    Can't remember the name, something like Bad Ass Barber.
    I think a normal cut is €10 and student is €8.

Just cuts or the polish barbers on Talbot Street are probably the best bet for cheapness though. I think they're cheap early in the week, like Monday and Tuesday.

the one on the nth side of Talbot St is a fiver on Mondays and Tuesdays, the one on the other side is €7 all week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

Thanks for the tips lads, got it done in Just Cuts.

• Advertisement
Advertisement