Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop Advice

Options
  • 22-04-2012 4:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

I want to buy a new laptop as the one i have now is really bad, I've had it less then a year and I've had it sent away and when i got it back.. 1 month later I got the same problem AGAIN.

Basically I am willing to spend around 500 euro or maybe close to 600 but i would like some advice on what laptop to get or even a brand of laptop

I'd like a high performance laptop as I usually have it running for most of the day with a good battery but mainly a nice smooth laptop that gives no problems as the one i have now i always keep getting high CPU levels

Any help/advice is much Appreciated and if your wondering the laptop i have now is a HP Pavilion g6

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

For 600 Euro, you'll get a Core i5 laptop with a discrete GPU. If you shop around at some German places, you'll even get a Core i7 for that money (although most likely with a QWERTZ keyboard).

Komplett have an 15.6 ASUS laptop w a Core i5, 6 GB RAM and NVIDIA Geforce 610M (2 GB) for 599 yoyos.

According to this review, the battery "lasted 5 hours 31 minutes in our MobileMark 2007 rundown test", which is not too shabby.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Dmeaney92

Thanks for that.:)

I don't think ill buy over the internet but id rather walk into a shop and buy one

What Specifications should I be looking for to make sure I get the right laptop and not some piece of junk ??

Dmeaney92 wrote: »
    I don't think ill buy over the internet but id rather walk into a shop and buy one

Then you'll have to reduce your expectations somewhat... ;)

You should still be able to pick up some Core i5 bargain, most likely without discrete graphics. Just make sure it's not a 1st generation Core i5 (i5-xxxM).

Well anything is better than what I have now haha

id like a good enough performance computer that can handle many applications opened at once without getting a warning saying high CPU usage as well better battery and no over heating and better internet connection.

Thanks for all your help:)

At HN, there is a 15.6 Acer i5 laptop for €579.

Doesn't say exactly which Core i5 CPU (probably a 2410M). From what I read, the battery life of this model isn't the greatest though.

Your internet connection is not likely to improve with the purchase of another computer. ;)

• Advertisement

I was just looking at that one ha
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭part time punk

Have a very similar ACER latpop (possibly the same) and the battery life is terrible on it. Maybe 2 hours max, before it needs charging again. Maybe not a problem it you're always by a power source but not very mobile due to that

Advertisement