Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mod not doing his job at all

Options
  • 22-04-2012 4:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭

In the first few pages of this thread Father Damo makes an offensive comment about atheists and is asked not to again. a few posts later he does it again and receives an infraction and is asked not to once again, then he makes a third post extremely offensive this time any nothing is done about it at all. Basically he repetitively says that Atheists are all of low intelligence. He says it three times despite being warned twice, he should have been given a week ban minimum if not a permanent one.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056614521

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

OK, let's break this down a bit, shall we?

1. Apart from the fact that it's the weekend, we can't and don't expect our mods to be online 24/7. And even if they were there's no way that they can read everything that's posted, so it's quite possible that nobody has seen the offending posts. Which brings me to...

2. If you were so offended by them why didn't you report them? Out of three that you complained about here you reported one, and you haven't even provided a link to any of them in this thread. Due to the sheer volume of posts mods rely on people reporting any that are out of order so that they can review them and take action, where appropriate. Which leads me to...

3. Back seat modding is something that can get you infracted and/or banned, depending on the forum. It's not up to you to decide what action should be taken against another poster, that's a job for the mods, so please refrain from this in future.

Now if you really want to be helpful please report the other offending posts so that the mods don't have to wade through nearly 200 posts trying to figure out which ones you have a problem with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

In fairness itd only been a few hours but thats sorted now.

PMing a mod may be best in future, we tend to check our inboxes more often then Help Desk.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

1. I reported at least two of them. I don't think I reported the one that he had already received an infraction for. I reported one of them again just in case.

2. I understand that and I'm not complaining about it. I just presumed as the thread had gone on 8 pages after the posts that a mod would have seen it by then.

3. I honestly thought that only applied to the actual thread that it was in. Is there anywhere like a suggestions page where I could say that I think boards should be stricter on this like this.

Its not a big deal now really. I was annoyed with his comments at the time but I've gotten over it.

I will Keith.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement