Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

commuting from Moycullen to Galway

Options
  • 22-04-2012 4:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

Hi,

I'm thinking of moving to Moycullen and wondering how long normally doest it take to drive from town centre to let say Wellpark or Briarhill (need to be at work at 8 or 9 depends on the day) ?

Regards,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Since you gave to cross the centre it'll take longer than if you were just going into Galway city centre.
    About 25-30 mins depending on traffic etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 yanogore

that's quite ok, I've heard some ppl saying it might take well over an hour so I've got scared a little.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

It will probably take 2 hours when they dig up the headford road roundabout in the autumn as the college reopens. Till then no problem at 8am.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 yanogore

...and how is it for 9?
    Would coming back from Galway to Moycullen at 4-5 in the evening be the same?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭nuac

Any scope for water transport from Wood Quay up to Moycullen and Oughterard - as roads become more congested and oil dearer?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 bikr

I'm commuting to Oranmore daily I need to be in Oranmore for 8:30 and I leave at 5.
    It’s very important what time you go up and down.
    I'm mostly against the heavy traffic.
    It takes me 30 minutes to get to work and about 45 to an hour back depending on the traffic over the bridge (but if you're in knocknacarra you face the same traffic.
    I "raced" home with a colleague that lives in Sli Geal Knocknacarra and I got home 3-4 minutes after he did...
    That’s my experience. I understand that if you want to be in town for 9 especially during school term it can take you up to an hour, but I have never experienced that.

Advertisement