Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

BVD and Enfer

• 22-04-2012 4:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 210 ✭✭

Anybody know how long it takes Enfer to send out the results from the BVD test. I sent a batch in a over a week ago. Totally forgot about them and only realised over the weekend (when i was doing another batch)that I got no results back. Must ring in the morning...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

Between 8 and 10 working days. Keep an eye on this thread for any questions. It probably should be stickied for the next year or so but not my call

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056503498

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

i post them on a monday and have them by the end of the week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

whelan1 wrote: »
    i post them on a monday and have them by the end of the week
    Dont you use a lab up north, whelan1? Are they good at getting the results back quickly?

i use enfer for the ear notch test, use stormont for the bvd bloods for older cattle, tbh i wouldnot reccommend them , we sent 11 samples on holy thursday and are still waiting for results, have a fella looking for an angus bull and we have the movement permit and all just not the bvd results, ringing the vets everyday looking for them:mad: the blood from the bvd positive calves and their mothers go to backweston

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

Same as Whelan1, post them usually on a Sunday and have the results later that week from Enfer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 158 ✭✭Micheal H

Min wrote: »
    Same as Whelan1, post them usually on a Sunday and have the results later that week from Enfer.

Same here too. Usually get them back within 5 working days. One thing I've discovered though is they won't send you results until the calf has been registered. I sent 9 samples the first time round, but only got 8 results back. Once the last calf had been registered the results came the week after.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Ltrvale

we send ours every sunday to enfer with the birth registration card get the result every thursday morning. the one time we didnt it was a problem with the registering

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 210 ✭✭iron man

I bet you that why I didn't get mine back. I sent the reg cards off to cork on the same day. I got them on Friday. So I suppose there would be a delay until they update their systems. I hope.......

whelan1 wrote: »
    i use enfer for the ear notch test, use stormont for the bvd bloods for older cattle, tbh i wouldnot reccommend them , we sent 11 samples on holy thursday and are still waiting for results, have a fella looking for an angus bull and we have the movement permit and all just not the bvd results, ringing the vets everyday looking for them:mad: the blood from the bvd positive calves and their mothers go to backweston
    finally got bloods back for the bulls , all clear.... think my vets where fed up with me ringing them:rolleyes:

Advertisement