Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Abandoned dog

• 22-04-2012 4:42pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 246 ✭✭

Found a dog in a field across from our house this morning, we initially thought he'd been hit by a car and left there....on further inspection he has no cuts and doesn't apear in any pain....**has no use of his hind legs at all** looks very young to be arthritic maybe about 2 or 3 yrs, there was water and food left beside him so reckon he was left there on purpose....called the Gards but no joy there....so we took him in till we can call the *snip* SPCA tomorrow.....will they take him? any suggestions for anywhere else??

cheers..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭BUACHAILL

May I ask where you live and what type of dog it is ?

Might just help if someone on here is looking for their dog !!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

mrbrown69 wrote: »
    Found a dog in a field across from our house this morning, we initially thought he'd been hit by a car and left there....on further inspection he has no cuts and doesn't apear in any pain....**has no use of his hind legs at all** looks very young to be arthritic maybe about 2 or 3 yrs, there was water and food left beside him so reckon he was left there on purpose....called the Gards but no joy there....so we took him in till we can call the *snip* SPCA tomorrow.....will they take him? any suggestions for anywhere else??

cheers..

The *snip* SPCA Has an emergency Number, which can be found on their website.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 246 ✭✭mrbrown69

We're in Ballyfermot.....dog is a small brown/black terrier type, quite young and well fed.....looks used to not being able to walk properly, is dragging himself round the garden no problem

The "snip" SPCA Has an emergency Number, which can be found on their website.

They've no services at all on Sunday from their website

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭barbiegirl

If you have to take him to a pound take him to the "A" Pound they have one of the best rates of rehoming and will do all they can to help the dog. The poor little man.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Poor thing. :( OP we live just beside Botanic Vets/Anicare and they have an emergency number so I'd say their Palmerstown one (it's beside Aldi) would have an emergency service as well? I think the one vet covers all practices for emergencies cos my friend down the road had to go to the Palmerstown one one time with her dog - http://anicare.ie/our-locations/palmerstown-veterinary-hospital/

Think we'll leave him where he is for today..... he's bedded down in the garden shed with food and water, seems content....the SPCA's ambulance service suits us best so will call them in the morning

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭BUACHAILL

Can I ask where your located again ? just rough area not exact address. A friend of mine is missing his Collie dog. I know its a huge long shot but you just never know.

BUACHAILL wrote: »
    Can I ask where your located again ? just rough area not exact address. A friend of mine is missing his Collie dog. I know its a huge long shot but you just never know.

We're in upper Ballyfermot.....dog definately isn't a Collie, like say a terrier type...kind of bigger fuller Jack Russel almost Bull breed but not quite, very placid

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

They've no services at all on Sunday from their website
    If you ring there number it will give you an Emergency no to ring

• Advertisement

Had SPCA out this morning...she said it didn't look good for him, he'll get an x-ray if it's a broken pelvis that can be fixed if more serious he'd have to be put down......very sad but we did what we could for him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Fair play OP - you did more than the people who dumped him! You took him in, made him comfortable and got help for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭_Lady_

Well done OP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Had SPCA out this morning...she said it didn't look good for him, he'll get an x-ray if it's a broken pelvis that can be fixed if more serious he'd have to be put down......very sad but we did what we could for him

How dod this poor little fella get on do you know?

Advertisement