Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

First Bike Suggestions

• 22-04-2012 4:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 539 ✭✭✭

Looking to pick up my first bike in next couple of weeks.
    I've narrowed my search to the following bikes:

Suzuki Bandit 600
    Suzuki SV 650 (Most favourite)
    Honda CBR600f
    Kawasaki ER5 (Least favourite)

They will all have to be restricted as I only have provisional licence at the moment.

What do people think of these bikes and what are advantages/disadvantages of these?

Would be looking for something under 1500 (which I think is plenty to pick up a clean one).

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭gipi

Have you priced insurance on any on your list? That could help to make up your mind, depending on the quotes you get!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Notch000

Yamaha fazer 600 ????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 539 ✭✭✭but43r

gipi wrote: »
    Have you priced insurance on any on your list? That could help to make up your mind, depending on the quotes you get!

Insurance is pretty much the same on all of them except CBR600 (Won't quote me online).

Notch000 wrote: »
    Yamaha fazer 600 ????

That's another option.
    Insurance is slightly more expensive on it (about 50 euro per year).
    There are very few nice ones for sale under 1500 mark though.
    Thanks for suggestion :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

Hornet 600??? Fantastic bike too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Notch000

but43r wrote: »
    That's another option.
    Insurance is slightly more expensive on it (about 50 euro per year).
    There are very few nice ones for sale under 1500 mark though.
    Thanks for suggestion :)

I got the fazer a couple of weeks ago as a first bike, coudent be happier. Always wanted a bandit but when i sat on the two side by side there is no comparisson, the bandit felt seriously top heavy. best thing you could do is go to a bike shop befriend the sales man and sit on all od them and see what feels right for you, they'l all drive similarly (except SV, as there a V-twin engine? but there also a hunched down position)

also budget in cost of restriction, tyres & a service if needed

the fazer did cost me about 80E more than a bandiut or SV to insure but unrestricted its a much more powerful bike....

Went with SV650 in the end. She's in the garage getting restricted now.

Advertisement