Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Annoying Things Your Partner / Housemates Do

• 22-04-2012 5:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭

I'm not talking bad sh1t here - just the trivial things that your partner / spouse / housemates do that get on your nerves.

Mine:

The missus puts the plates in to the dishwasher at all angles and I have to go straighten them out coz it annoys the hell outta me!

Another is leaving the bath mat in the bathroom at a 'fancy' angle when all it does is catch in the door.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

Yeah the dishwasher thing is a pain. Everytime I go to put something in it has to be organised.

The other thing that annoys me is when she tidies up. She goes by that theory "out of sight, out of mind". Basically it means she doesn't care were she tidies stuff. Jackets in drawers, letters in behind the microwave, shoes in the bathroom press. Takes me ages to find anything. I mean, when I put my coat on the back of the chair i know where it is. It's fine right there. It doesn't need to be tidied.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭Taco Corp

Leaving tea bags in the sink so that it turns sh1ty brown colour..:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

If I hear that fucking vacuum cleaner one more fucking time...

Never fucking stops with it. She actually wore out her first Dyson in less than a year. Last time I buy her such an expensive birthday present.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭Kamjana

Ohh la de da look at me i have a dishwasher and a mat on the toilet floor ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    Another is leaving the bath mat in the bathroom at a 'fancy' angle when all it does is catch in the door.
    37 degrees, right?

Nice.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

My housemate is perfect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Mickey Dazzler

When they come home drunk and collapse in a puddle of their own piss, shit and vomit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,258 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

My girlfriend uses the word "literally" wrong.

"I couldn't believe it, my head literally exploded!"

THAT'S THE ONE WORD WE HAVE TO LET US KNOW THAT IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!!!!! AND THAT OBVIOUSLY DIDN'T HAPPEN!!!

STOP IT!!!!!

When they come home drunk and collapse in a puddle of their own piss, shit and vomit.
    Susan? I thought you were hoovering.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

El Weirdo wrote: »

Never fucking stops with it. She actually wore out her first Dyson in less than a year. Last time I buy her such an expensive birthday present.

Mr Weirdo,

I would be concerned about constant hoovering, Mrs Mattjacks sister burnt out 13 , yes 13 vacuum cleaners in one year and then spent 7 weeks in the somersault factory.

'Tis a sign they are losing the marbles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 350 ✭✭ICANN

One of my housemates eats with her mouth open and all I can hear is 'tsndfsrhukjsfhgfnjn'.

Another of my housemates takes big gulps of air whenever she's talking, in the middle of works so all I hear is 'an[gulp]d then I sa[gulp] how are y[gulp]ou' for example.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

When I catch him **** instead of sticking it in me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

I said trivial! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,863 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

How dare she keep the house clean & hygienic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

ICANN wrote: »
    One of my housemates eats with her mouth open and all I can hear is 'tsndfsrhukjsfhgfnjn'.

Another of my housemates takes big gulps of air whenever she's talking, in the middle of works so all I hear is 'an[gulp]d then I sa[gulp] how are y[gulp]ou' for example.

Are you including goldfish as housemates ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

ICANN wrote: »

Is she black and in a wheelchair?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭AboutTwoFiddy

When I used to share the most annoying thing was using all the milk and leaving the tiniest amount for me when I'd come back after a weekend away. Have no problem with anyone using anything belonged to me; just replace the fcuking thing so there's milk for coffee/tea in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭Jess16

Quality wrote: »
    When I catch him **** instead of sticking it in me!

TMI

callaway92 wrote: »
    If I hear that f[COLOR="Black"]u[/COLOR]cking vacuum cleaner one more fucking time...

How dare she keep the house clean & hygienic.
    No problem with clean and hygienic. But twice a day? There really is no need.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

When the first person who goes to bed on any given night takes the only lighter with them, and on top of that does it on the sly because it's not theirs to begin with which means those left awake don't even have a candle or some shit.

Throwing recycling in the rubbish.

• Advertisement

When I used to share the most annoying thing was using all the milk and leaving the tiniest amount for me when I'd come back after a weekend away. Have no problem with anyone using anything belonged to me; just replace the fcuking thing so there's milk for coffee/tea in the morning.

That's classic get out of jail free when house sharing. Like I didn't finish ALL the milk / biscuits / butter / washing powder, etc just coz you left the tinniest bit at the end of the packet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭hattoncracker

Flushing sanitary towels down the toilet and then all of us have to pay when the septic tank backs up!

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭shancoduff

That's classic get out of jail free when house sharing. Like I didn't finish ALL the milk / biscuits / butter / washing powder, etc just coz you left the tinniest bit at the end of the packet.

This!

Even worse when empty packets/multi-packs are left in shelves/fridges. It's like being in denial about finishing someone's food.

When you find out the cereal is finished, but the box is left there with the annoying crumby remnants. Most things don't bug me too much, but if it's something you use first thing in the morning, it's important for physical and mental health.

Flushing sanitary towels down the toilet and then all of us have to pay when the septic tank backs up!

She should stick them to cars

I lived with a girl who used to throw her cax into the laundry basket along with the used towel! No ****! :eek::eek::eek:

I lived with a girl who used to throw her cax into the laundry basket along with the used towel! No ****! :eek::eek::eek:

You win.... Eekers!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Leaving dirty plates/cutlery in the sink.....guaranteed to have me apoplectic with rage :mad:

Just wash the fooking things up when you are finished!

Even worse if they wash the plate and cup but decide not to do the cutlery, what's that all about :confused: Does my nut!!!!

ok, deep breaths......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭BunShopVoyeur

Kiera wrote: »
    My housemate is perfect.

Well somebody lives alone :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭sunflower27

Breathes :(

He's moving out this Thursday, so happye days :)

• Advertisement

You win.... Eekers!!

Funny thing was she's a spotlessy clean girl and always well turned out.

kfallon wrote: »
    Leaving dirty plates/cutlery in the sink.....guaranteed to have me apoplectic with rage :mad:

Just wash the fooking things up when you are finished!

Even worse if they wash the plate and cup but decide not to do the cutlery, what's that all about :confused: Does my nut!!!!

ok, deep breaths......

Just be thankful they don't leave a unwashed whey shaker around. Lad in work did and when he cleaned it, the canteen smelled of death.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

MrStuffins wrote: »
    My girlfriend uses the word "literally" wrong.

"I couldn't believe it, my head literally exploded!"

THAT'S THE ONE WORD WE HAVE TO LET US KNOW THAT IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!!!!! AND THAT OBVIOUSLY DIDN'T HAPPEN!!!

STOP IT!!!!!
    I literally laughed my ass off reading this.

Where To wrote: »
    I literally laughed my ass off reading this.

I see what you did there! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Putting the cap on halfway so that when you pick up a bottle by the cap it goes EVERYWHERE.

Confab wrote: »
    Putting the cap on halfway so that when you pick up a bottle by the cap it goes EVERYWHERE.

I would loose my freaking MIND if I were u!

• Advertisement

My housemate is perfect.

Well somebody lives alone :D
    Like I said, perfect :D

Like I said, perfect :D

Cleans the floors regularly??? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 692 ✭✭✭fuerte1976

Jesus mary n joseph ... :eek::eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

My other half smokes one or two cigarettes a day,usually in the evening, but she doesnt want the kids to see her (she gave them up 2 years ago, wink wink) so she goes upstairs to the en suite window. So when i head for a shower the fuppin smell lingers for hours in there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,726 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

I'm still living at home, but the Ma has a terrible tendency to re-organise anything that looks slightly out of place, and put it in places where no-ones bound to find it, and then forgets to tell anyone.

So basically it ends up that I'm running around the house like a gob****e looking for my stuff, and she pipes up after 5 minutes or so saying, 'oh yeah, I moved it over there'.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Leaving the toilet seat up. It's my bathroom, if you want to use it the seat goes down after!

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Smeggy

In college my roommate used to shag one of our classmates in our room as I was sleeping in the other single bed in the room about 3 feet away!!!

Smeggy wrote: »
    In college my roommate used to shag one of our classmates in our room as I was sleeping in the other single bed in the room about 3 feet away!!!
    Is sleeping college slang for cracking one off?

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Pupito

My gf's over-use of the EPG onscreen info gets on my nerves. What, you really need to take up a good two-thirds of the screen to read what The Godfather is about (this actually happened)? She can't watch an episode of a programme without checking what the EPG says about it first either. Dunno why she can't let it be, y'know, a surprise?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭Napper Hawkins

Pupito wrote: »
    My gf's over-use of the EPG onscreen info gets on my nerves. What, you really need to take up a good two-thirds of the screen to read what The Godfather is about (this actually happened)? She can't watch an episode of a programme without checking what the EPG says about it first either. Dunno why she can't let it be, y'know, a surprise?

Maybe she wants a heads up before she wastes an hour or so watching something she deems to be a heap of ****e?

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Smeggy

Ha nope they were both ugly f*ckers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Pupito

Maybe she wants a heads up before she wastes an hour or so watching something she deems to be a heap of ****e?

It's for things we'll be watching anyway, we do so every week. I've never understood the market for things like those soap magazines that tell you precisely what's going to happen. Where's the point in watching the soap itself then?

Yes.....into a sock :p

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭augustus gloop

baby talk... i dont like baby talk...
    ie. "im tie tie" as in "im tired"

SDRFTGVBHUJ BHVCFXTYFVGUBHJ GFXFCYGUVHBJ

• Registered Users Posts: 27 SeanW89

Girlfriend giving out for leaving the toilet seat up...........complete sexism in the workplace if you ask me!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement