Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Annoying Things Your Partner / Housemates Do

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

Breathes :(

He's moving out this Thursday, so happye days :)
    Yay! I've been meaning two ask if he ever put away those dishes. :D

Reading this thread is making me realise my housemate isn't actually that bad. Thanks!

My current housemate does some tiny little annoying things,like leaving his stuff all over the kitchen table every single day since he moved in,despite me moving them out of the way every single day. I don't mind stuff being on the table but there's no need to have it all over the entire table!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭saa

My boyfriend doesn't live with me. I asked him to pull out the plug of the tv and he did.
    The next morning I awoke to find the plug on the floor...
    It is always meant to be left hanging off the side of the basket, not like he's know but he broke one of the unspoken rules.

I also have a sponge for glasses and cleaner plates and one for grease and certain places where the loo roll can be kept :L

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

i hate the way my missus puts the milk in after the hot water when she makes me coffee:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,721 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

Hoarding.
    She just doesnt throw out anything that could remotely be considered a souvenier or to have some bs nostalgia or sentimental value. Oh and she hoards things that "might come in use" too, this would include thrash that in several years time might somehow be usefull for an art project (shes a teacher).

Living together 4 years now and its becoming a real problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Mickey H

Housemates bang doors constantly. Very annoying. Close it gently FFS. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

saa wrote: »
    My boyfriend doesn't live with me. I asked him to pull out the plug of the tv and he did.
    The next morning I awoke to find the plug on the floor...
    It is always meant to be left hanging off the side of the basket, not like he's know but he broke one of the unspoken rules.

Well make it a spoken rule and he might leave it hanging off the basket thingy :confused:

I also have a sponge for glasses and cleaner plates and one for grease and certain places where the loo roll can be kept :L

Wee bit of OCD creeping in here methinks........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Battered Mars Bar

Lived with a girl once that liked to keep more than one loaf of bread in the freezer, a tiny freezer. Leaving no room for my meat :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,271 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

Mrs naughtysmurf is well able to open a bottle of bleach but is totally incapable of re screwing the top back on properly, this applies to all bottles of chemicals, foodstuffs etc

She is also able to turn lights on but seemingly OFF is beyond her capabilities

She can use the last ply of toilet roll and NOT replace it with one from the pyramid of new rolls at her feet

I may move this post to the personal issues forum :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Mickey H

Lived with a girl once that liked to keep more than one loaf of bread in the freezer, a tiny freezer. Leaving no room for my meat :mad:

Was she good looking? If so, put your meat somewhere else. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Smeggy

kfallon wrote: »
    Yes.....into a sock :p

Well I'm a lady soooooo....... :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,821 ✭✭✭phill106

MagicSean wrote: »

The other thing that annoys me is when she tidies up. She goes by that theory "out of sight, out of mind". Basically it means she doesn't care were she tidies stuff. Jackets in drawers, letters in behind the microwave, shoes in the bathroom press. Takes me ages to find anything. I mean, when I put my coat on the back of the chair i know where it is. It's fine right there. It doesn't need to be tidied.

Omg, this X100000000000000!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Smeggy wrote: »

With a spermy name? Class :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

Kiera wrote: »

smegma has nothing to do with sperm. its that cheese the greeks put on their salads

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Smeggy

smegma has nothing to do with sperm. its that cheese the greeks put on their salads

I'm just a Red Dwarf fan :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Waterford women are renowned for wiping themselves down after a fiddle with a sock :pac:

It's actually more of a cheesey name ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

It's actually the name of a brand of fridge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Wipe up the squirt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Be the first time anyone could say their smeg was cool :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

Leaves knives pointy side up in the dish strainer
    Leaves toilet seat lid up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

I'm just a Red Dwarf fan :eek:

Smeghead!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Just thought of another one - leaving the light on in the bathroom at night so the fan is going off until I get up to switch it off.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Your knowledge of kitchen appliances is outstanding.

:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭Barna77

... be alive

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

You wanted her to take your meat but she had a bun in the oven?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Your knowledge of kitchen appliances is outstanding.

:P

She is a woman. It's what they know

/joking.. don't hit me

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Elba101

Back in college I had a housemate who made pasta tuna for dinner almost everyday. She ate it straight from the pot but NEVER finished it. ANd the half full pasta tuna pot stayed in the sitting room until I or the third girl moved it which we just refused to do because it happened all the time!

You'd walk into the house and the stench of 2 day old past tuna would knock ya out!

Is that a horrible way of describing yer sexual practices?

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Flincher

Apparently socks can't be left on the floor beside the clothes basket. :confused:

They have to go into the actual basket.

Nagging bitch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭sunflower27

Argh

My flatmate moves out this week.

I just told him that we will need to sort out the electricity bill before he goes - it comes every 2 months. The last one we got was Feb 13, so we are actually definitely due one. I said to just pay the same as last time as it is always around the same amount, give or take €5 euro.

He went quiet and then replied 'it hasnt been 2 months has it?'

I told him to look at the old bill on the table. Yes it has, tight arse, it has been OVER 2 months.

As if I would rip him off. :mad: I seriously cannot wait till he moves.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 fatfacee

mine has a bladder problem. Enough said.

• Advertisement

Actually, I will make him pay for the extra 2 weeks. I wasnt going to bother, but I will now :D

Actually, I will make him pay for the extra 2 weeks. I wasnt going to bother, but I will now :D

have you got someone to replace him yet?

have you got someone to replace him yet?

yes, I was lucky. I got someone within a week of advertising. I seriously can't wait for this guy to go. He is minted as he never goes anywhere or spends anything and to uestion the bill really irritated me.

I would never rip anyone off. I have left the last bill out for him so he can see it for himself he owes almost 10 weeks.

He can pay for the extra days. I wouldn't have even thought of doing that, but this has really riled me. I have never been accused of trying to rip someone off in my life!!!

yes, I was lucky. I got someone within a week of advertising. I seriously can't wait for this guy to go. He is minted as he never goes anywhere or spends anything and to uestion the bill really irritated me.

I would never rip anyone off. I have left the last bill out for him so he can see it for himself he owes almost 10 weeks.

He can pay for the extra days. I wouldn't have even thought of doing that, but this has really riled me. I have never been accused of trying to rip someone off in my life!!!

is it possible he just meant it in a 'oh wow can't believe it's been that long' kinda way? though I'm sure you know yourself!

have you set down any ground rules for the newb?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

I'm an asthmatic non-smoker living with two chronic smoker parents.
    Work that one out.

is it possible he just meant it in a 'oh wow can't believe it's been that long' kinda way? though I'm sure you know yourself!

have you set down any ground rules for the newb?

it was the tone he said it in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

McChubbin wrote: »
    I'm an asthmatic non-smoker living with two chronic smoker parents.
    Work that one out.
    Here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭whatlliwear

I have lived with a few lunatics.. one guy never bought toilet paper so we all just bought our own and brought it to the bathroom with us when we needed..
    I came home from college one day.. went to the bathroom to find a huge crap and a newspaper stuffed into the toilet.. the lazy fker just wouldn't buy toilet paper...

A girl I lived with another time bought a steak and left it in the fridge without a plate so the blood dripped onto everything on the shelves below It ugh...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 497 ✭✭Mr Keek

The girlfriend has to have the volume of the TV or stereo at an even number; if the Volume is at the perfect level, if it's odd number it has to be changed. Absolutley wrecks my head, I drive her demented when I change the volume to an odd number.

She'll boil water from cold on the hob; boil it in the kettle first, it's not that hard and so much faster!

When she's off to bed, it take her half the night to "Get Comfy" FFS

Something I do; I like strong tea, so I use a table spoon instead of a tea spoon, you get a better squeeze!!! It wrecks her head though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

My cousin stays with me 2 days a week when she comes up to town for her job. She always puts her duvet cover, sheets and pillow cases in the wash when she leaves, even though she has only slept on them for 2 nights. She is a bit of a germaphobe and cleanliness freak. I knew that before she moved in, so I try to cut her some slack. But the duvet cover in particular is very heavy. I don't have a tumble dryer, so this shagger has to dry on the clothes horse, that has to stay in the living room as there is no room for it in the bedrooms. It can take 2 days for it to dry.

Drives me fcuking nuts that I have to be tripping over the damm thing every bloody week when the damm thing only gets slept on for two nights at a time. I've tried doing loads of laundry when she is here, with heavy things like jeans and towels drying on the clothes horse in the middle of the living room floor, so she can see how inconvenient it is. But so far, she is refusing to get the hint.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

ProudDUB wrote: »
    My cousin stays with me 2 days a week when she comes up to town for her job. She always puts her duvet cover, sheets and pillow cases in the wash when she leaves, even though she has only slept on them for 2 nights. She is a bit of a germaphobe and cleanliness freak. I knew that before she moved in, so I try to cut her some slack. But the duvet cover in particular is very heavy. I don't have a tumble dryer, so this shagger has to dry on the clothes horse, that has to stay in the living room as there is no room for it in the bedrooms. It can take 2 days for it to dry.

Drives me fcuking nuts that I have to be tripping over the damm thing every bloody week when the damm thing only gets slept on for two nights at a time. I've tried doing loads of laundry when she is here, with heavy things like jeans and towels drying on the clothes horse in the middle of the living room floor, so she can see how inconvenient it is. But so far, she is refusing to get the hint.

Wash it a day before she arrives every week. When it is still damp she will get the hint to wash it at home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

Or actually try communicating. With words.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Battered Mars Bar

Is that a horrible way of describing yer sexual practices?

I thought I did it nicely :)

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Rango555

I stay with my cousin 2 days a week when I am working. He always has lots of clothes hanging on clothes horses drying when I need to wash my duvet cover and sheets due to my incontinence. It really gets on my tits!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Ha ! To be honest, that really did occur to me. But no, sadly for me her bladder and colon are in perfect working order. I shake out sheets and duvet covers out before I put them into the washing machine, to make sure that no stray red sock will eff up a load of whites. There is absolutely nothing wrong with her sheets & duvet cover, other than their owner being an uptight germaphobe. :rolleyes:

Am not gonna rock the boat too much. Her company pays 2/3 of my rent, even though she is only living here 2 days a week. Best to just to put up and shut up, and save my rantings for the aul interweb. God bless it ! :D

• Advertisement

ProudDUB wrote: »
    Ha ! To be honest, that really did occur to me. But no, sadly for me her bladder and colon are in perfect working order. I shake out sheets and duvet covers out before I put them into the washing machine, to make sure that no stray red sock will eff up a load of whites. There is absolutely nothing wrong with her sheets & duvet cover, other than their owner being an uptight germaphobe.

Am not gonna rock the boat too much. Her company pays 2/3 of my rent, even though she is only living here 2 days a week. Best to just to put up and shut up and save my rantings for the the aul interweb.

why not buy/ask her to buy a duvet cover that isn't so god damned heavy instead?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭smokedeels

My girlfriend told me that there's a special place in hell reserved for people who don't refill the kettle, it was aimed at me, I'm the annoying partner.

My brother did a similar thing, he would put empty packets of biscuits back in the press. I'd be all psyched-up for a Jaffa Cake and then BAM! nothing but cardboard and disappointment.

There has to be something wrong with the brain of a person who leaves an empty box or carton in a press or fridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Nia111

leaves the lights on and all the curtains open at night. drives me mad!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭ditzyfitzy

- Constantly leaves lights / appliances on all around the house
    - Leaves empty loo rolls on the toilet cistern
    - Throws his clothes in every room in the house!
    - Never washes up or tidies
    - Now this one I don't even understand, he leaves the shower head lying in the bath
    - Never locks the front door when he goes out!

Phew! Rant over!

(He's a fellow boardsie, hopefully he gets the hint!)

• Advertisement
Advertisement