Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Annoying Things Your Partner / Housemates Do

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭Cokeistan

Humming lowly but continuously while trying to watch something...Really did my head in last night when we were watching the new Game of Thrones

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Stiffler2

My MA hoovers so much that when she brought the vacuum to the menders after just a month or two they gave her an odd look and asked if it was an undustrial hoover. INDUSTRIAL !!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Stiffler2 wrote: »
    My MA hoovers so much that when she brought the vacuum to the menders after just a month or two they gave her an odd look and asked if it was an undustrial hoover. INDUSTRIAL !!!!

So Stiffler's mom can't suck any more?

All is lost.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

OH uses 2 teaspoons to squeeze a tea bag. Just squeeze it against the side of the mug, it'll be grand!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,270 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Tidying things to her magical "safe place" from which nothing has ever managed to return. If you ever need to hide the only piece of evidence that can tie you to a gruesome triple murder, give it to my fiancée to put in a safe place and you'll be able to sleep at night.

Cushions. Why do we need to have loads of cushions on our bed? They just have to be taken off so you can sleep in the damn thing and then replaced in the morning when you're making the bed. *THEY SERVE NO PURPOSE*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭OneArt

My housemate leaves the windows in the house open ALL THE TIME. It has generally been freezing out but whenever he comes home the windows open. And he's been hacking up and coughing consistently since Christmas. I wonder why...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 537 ✭✭✭rgmmg

Lying in bed waiting for my flatmate to finish in the only bathroom in the house so I can have a shower... He finishes (whatever he's doing shouldn't take that long!), the bathroom door opens and he exits. As I get up to nip into the bathroom, I hear the bathroom door close as my other flatmate gets in there first. Livid!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

saa wrote: »
    My boyfriend doesn't live with me. I asked him to pull out the plug of the tv and he did.
    The next morning I awoke to find the plug on the floor...
    It is always meant to be left hanging off the side of the basket, not like he's know but he broke one of the unspoken rules.

I also have a sponge for glasses and cleaner plates and one for grease and certain places where the loo roll can be kept :L

He's lucky he doesnt live with you, you sound like a complete OCD nightmare!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 537 ✭✭✭rgmmg

Cokeistan wrote: »
    Humming lowly but continuously while trying to watch something...Really did my head in last night when we were watching the new Game of Thrones

I'd suggest a bath

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mackman

ProudDUB wrote: »
    Ha ! To be honest, that really did occur to me. But no, sadly for me her bladder and colon are in perfect working order. I shake out sheets and duvet covers out before I put them into the washing machine, to make sure that no stray red sock will eff up a load of whites. There is absolutely nothing wrong with her sheets & duvet cover, other than their owner being an uptight germaphobe. :rolleyes:

Am not gonna rock the boat too much. Her company pays 2/3 of my rent, even though she is only living here 2 days a week. Best to just to put up and shut up, and save my rantings for the aul interweb. God bless it ! :D

Just dont bother washing them. Put the duvet cover and sheets back on the bed and see if she notices :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

I used to leave the lights on running out to work the odd time, don't do it that much now that she threathened me with paying the whole bill :)

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭niamhx

Every time myself and the oh sit down to watch a movie it has to be stopped so he can ask " who's that ? I know him/her, wasn't he/she in ???" me, " oh don't start, and no he/she wasn't in said movie" If that wasn't enough to piss you off, he's out with the phone checking imbd to see what they were in, cue another 10 min conversation. I just want to watch the fing movie !! He'll then decide he's hungry, movie stopped again ! Oh wait, pause that "I'll make my lunch for tomorrow". Never ends !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭Jess16

Sleepy wrote: »
    Cushions. Why do we need to have loads of cushions on our bed? They just have to be taken off so you can sleep in the damn thing and then replaced in the morning when you're making the bed. *THEY SERVE NO PURPOSE*

Make-Up. Why do women need to wear make-up? It just has to be taken off cos you can't sleep in the damn thing and then replaced in the morning when you're leaving for work *IT SERVES NO PURPOSE*

But sometimes the purpose is just to look nice

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 16,186 ✭✭✭✭Maple

Doesn't wash up but when she does leaves the cutlery and a random pot unwashed.

Doesn't wash up properly so I'm forced to scrub week old porridge off the inside of a bowl/pot.

Never wipes down a counter.

Leaves the empty toilet roll on the holder with the new roll perched on top.

Uses my food without asking.

Thinks household items such as washing powder, liquid, cleaning stuff is all supplied free of charge by the magic housework fairies.

Leaves belongings scattered all over the place. Couple of pairs of shoes in by couch, jumper draped over chair etc.

There's more but I'd be up for murder if I keep thinking along these lines. The rage is already simmering.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭starling

MCMLXXV wrote: »

Mine:

The missus puts the plates in to the dishwasher at all angles and I have to go straighten them out coz it annoys the hell outta me!

Another is leaving the bath mat in the bathroom at a 'fancy' angle when all it does is catch in the door.

Perhaps mention to her that leaving the bathmat on the floor is not only odd, but actively revolting? For one thing, it is usually damp; hanging it would allow it to dry out a bit, so it wouldn't end up being a mass of bacteria.
    For another thing, if it's on the floor it's probably getting stepped on, especially if your bathroom's as small as it sounds. When you've just washed yourself, putting your clean feet onto a bacteria-infested cloth that people's shoes have stepped on is kind of counter-productive IMO.
    If facts won't convince her I would suggest just throwing out the bathmat and buying a duckboard.

MagicSean wrote: »
    Yeah the dishwasher thing is a pain. Everytime I go to put something in it has to be organised.

The other thing that annoys me is when she tidies up. She goes by that theory "out of sight, out of mind". Basically it means she doesn't care were she tidies stuff. Jackets in drawers, letters in behind the microwave, shoes in the bathroom press. Takes me ages to find anything. I mean, when I put my coat on the back of the chair i know where it is. It's fine right there. It doesn't need to be tidied.
    My mother used to do this kind of thing, but in her case she would quite often just throw stuff out. Cheques, letters, my college transcript...just some of the things that "disappeared" over the years. But I think I can offer a suggestion.
    It seems like she doesn't like you leaving stuff wherever you're currently in the habit of leaving it. Maybe if you had places for everything that you both agreed on- like jackets go on the back of the door, or on a coatrack, or have a bowl or drawer for papers, that kind of thing- then she wouldn't need to "tidy" everything away.
    If she were a super-organized type of person she wouldn't be putting stuff in random places like you describe. Instead it sounds like she is interested in the uncluttered appearance of her surroundings. So basically stop cluttering the place and find places to put your stuff that satisfy both of your needs- you will know where stuff is and she will have the tidy environment she seems to crave.
    Or in your own words it will be fine right there and it won't need to be tidied.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Palytoxin

Singing, I'm in student accommodation with 3 international students, I thought I'd never hear the end of One Direction's "What Makes You Beautiful", but then one of them got onto "Part Of Me" by Katy Perry, absolute nightmare, but they love their (shíte) pop music. They never take out the rubbish either, and don't empty out milk cartons before putting them in recycling. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 894 ✭✭✭filmbuffboy

Have a housemate that does the following all the time:

Dirty cups, and plates lying around the house for days on end, and when they finally remove them they 'wash' up, usually under a cold tap. When the rest of us go to use them theyre still usually dirty! This person suffers from coldsores so it makes it even more disgusting that the dishes arent washed properly

Sticks their hand in our food coupbards reularly for things such as oil, salt, butter, milk, flour etc etc. If this person asked we wouldnt mind, its the not asking grabby mentality that is so offputting.

Comes in late regularly, waking me up and has absolutely no idea how to walk up a stairs or open or close a door quietly late at night.

We take turns cleaning the house and when its their turn they never do it correctly.

Its not like we havent tried to address these things, but they keep happening!

But such is life! One things Ive learned from lhousesharing over the years is that there will always be something that annoys you about someone. Youll always experience something that they do which you find annoying, its how you deal with it that matters most!

mackg wrote: »
    When the first person who goes to bed on any given night takes the only lighter with them, and on top of that does it on the sly because it's not theirs to begin with which means those left awake don't even have a candle or some shit.

Throwing recycling in the rubbish.
    Maybe they are clueless, what about if you gently educated them about what goes where...hurrhurrr...no but seriously probably they don't realise certain things can be recycled.
    Also WTF how much do you think lighters cost? How about matches?

• Advertisement

niamhx wrote: »
    Every time myself and the oh sit down to watch a movie it has to be stopped so he can ask " who's that ? I know him/her, wasn't he/she in ???" me, " oh don't start, and no he/she wasn't in said movie" If that wasn't enough to piss you off, he's out with the phone checking imbd to see what they were in, cue another 10 min conversation. I just want to watch the fing movie !! He'll then decide he's hungry, movie stopped again ! Oh wait, pause that "I'll make my lunch for tomorrow". Never ends !
    That is genuinely intensely annoying, was he an only child or something? Don't encourage him by engaging in conversation. If he speaks, just say "shhh I'm trying to watch this!!" also claim/hide the remote control so he can't stop it.

Have a housemate that does the following all the time:

Dirty cups, and plates lying around the house for days on end, and when they finally remove them they 'wash' up, usually under a cold tap. When the rest of us go to use them theyre still usually dirty! This person suffers from coldsores so it makes it even more disgusting that the dishes arent washed properly

But such is life!

Kudos on your mature, philosophical attitude. That said have you considered lacing your foodstuffs with laxatives.? They've already had a warning:)

The lack of dish hygiene is genuinely terrifying, because at some point in their life, this person is probably going to have a visitor, and offer them food or a drink. Christ. This kind of thing only pushes normal people towards germophobia.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭funnights74

My oh scrapes the fork off of her teeth as she eats, i have to leave the room, or maybe she's doing it to make me leave the room!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Polloloca

Blowing their nose. I don't care that they're doing it in the bathroom. I can't bear hearing it. I hate it.
    Leaving doors open.

starling wrote: »
    Kudos on your mature, philosophical attitude. That said have you considered lacing your foodstuffs with laxatives.? They've already had a warning:)

The lack of dish hygiene is genuinely terrifying, because at some point in their life, this person is probably going to have a visitor, and offer them food or a drink. Christ. This kind of thing only pushes normal people towards germophobia.

Yeah, I know... very digusting. What makes it laughable is that this person is completely oblivious to how they actually are, and pretty much thinks theyre super clean :rolleyes:

I have also seen this person use the communal hand towel in the bathroom to dry his face. After seeing this I started using my own towel for drying hands, and keeping it in my room!

Laxatives....Hmmmmmm. Runs to shop* ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Eating with their mouth open and speaking with their mouth full of food. It is revolting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Sappa

I used to live with a guy who would make this ahhhh sound every time he drank his cup of tea.
    Drove me nuts at the start but we all used get a laugh out of it eventually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 _Moss_

2 months until the lease is up and I'm free of my current annoying housemates!

My lovely housemates leave their laptops on the floor, their dirty dishes in the sink and rubbish bags at the top of the stairs for hours, sometimes days :mad:
    1 makes a big deal every time she cleans, which rarely happens so it's rather entertaining. One thing I hate that happens all the time is, they're home all day and just as you come home from work, they decide they'll go cooking dinner just as you're about to start :(

I'm killed with hay fever because 1 housemate has lilies in the house that just opened up and is spewing pollen everywhere. I let everyone know when moving in that I suffer bad from hay fever so if we get plants they'll have to go outside. This one claims it's too cold :rolleyes: so she's keeping it in her room now.

I'm fairly annoyed at the moment and needed to rant, sorry :o

Flatmate B leaves the flat door unlocked. That's alright at the moment but people are moving into the flat downstairs and we don't know who they are or if they'd like to rob us.

Flatmate A doesn't do anything annoying, he's just quite militant about the way things have to be left, meaning you can't leave a coffee cup on the table in the morning or he'll get a bit anxious about it, can't leave the lights on (flatmate B does that too), and you have to make sure all appliances are turned off at the socket. (TV, DVD player, washing machine, lamps, etc. - obviously not the fridge). It's more annoying just knowing that if you don't, he'll get upset.

My OH though?! Now there's a list.... we don't even live together at the moment, and he still manages to do every little thing to pee me off.... but let's just leave it at "ate my icecream" ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 _Moss_

Flatmate B leaves the flat door unlocked. That's alright at the moment but people are moving into the flat downstairs and we don't know who they are or if they'd like to rob us.

Flatmate A doesn't do anything annoying, he's just quite militant about the way things have to be left, meaning you can't leave a coffee cup on the table in the morning or he'll get a bit anxious about it, can't leave the lights on (flatmate B does that too), and you have to make sure all appliances are turned off at the socket. (TV, DVD player, washing machine, lamps, etc. - obviously not the fridge). It's more annoying just knowing that if you don't, he'll get upset.

My OH though?! Now there's a list.... we don't even live together at the moment, and he still manages to do every little thing to pee me off.... but let's just leave it at "ate my icecream" ;)

Haha that was an excellent thread :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 57 ✭✭seXmym0nkey

If I have something I'm going to need a few weeks later like passport photos or an important letter my Ma' always moves it from the place I KNOW it is and puts it "somewhere we'll remember" and then completley forgets where it is...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭johnboysligo

Maple wrote: »
    Doesn't wash up but when she does leaves the cutlery and a random pot unwashed.

Doesn't wash up properly so I'm forced to scrub week old porridge off the inside of a bowl/pot.

Never wipes down a counter.

Leaves the empty toilet roll on the holder with the new roll perched on top.

Uses my food without asking.

Thinks household items such as washing powder, liquid, cleaning stuff is all supplied free of charge by the magic housework fairies.

Leaves belongings scattered all over the place. Couple of pairs of shoes in by couch, jumper draped over chair etc.

There's more but I'd be up for murder if I keep thinking along these lines. The rage is already simmering.

replace she with he and you've got my brother.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭Luap

My flatmate once teabagged my drumset. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭dipper.meath16

Someone who leave an absolute stink in the toilet, come on lads open the window!
    Or leaves a floater, FFS!:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭Crooked Jack

Used to live with a fella who was grand 99 per cent of the time but had this one weird quirk.
    He used to do this thing where if there was a wasp on the window or wall he would sneak up behind it and explode its head with a flick of his finger. Fair enough.
    But then he would scoop up the body in an old pringles tin. he had dozens of the fuckers in there, rotting away. They eventually formed this paste like substance. used to keep it in his press in the kitchen. Dunno what eventually intended doing with them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭barneygumble99

my housemate clips her nails on the sink , where we dry our dishes. so thats why i put laxatives in her milk :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

Girl I lived with before would do a wash & then leave it sitting in the wash basket for 3 days til it smelled mouldy, then rewash it and leave it sitting for another 2 days just for good measure.
    Someone who leave an absolute stink in the toilet, come on lads open the window!
    Or leaves a floater, FFS!:confused:

Lived with a guy who would do that, it's very easy to leave the door closed over a good bit & the fan on (if no windows in the loo) but no he had to leave the door wide open so that every room stank of his sh1te and you couldn't escape it. Middle of winter so very cold getting the smell out. I eventually had to bring it up as I couldn't stand it anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

I've realised that I do nearly all the annoying things mentioned on this thread that wives/girlfriends do... I don't know how my OH has put up with me for 10 years

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

One of my housemates was using the dryer yesterday to dry a full load of clothes (i.e. not just a pair of jocks or something he needed in a hurry).

Using the dryer around noon on one of the hottest days in the year to date, about 2 metres away from an empty clothesline in the garden.

What a capper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

my housemate clips her nails on the sink , where we dry our dishes. so thats why i put laxatives in her milk :)
    Why? Do laxatives stop nails growing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭draiochtanois

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭chakotha

rgmmg wrote: »
    Lying in bed waiting for my flatmate to finish in the only bathroom in the house so I can have a shower... He finishes (whatever he's doing shouldn't take that long!), the bathroom door opens and he exits. As I get up to nip into the bathroom, I hear the bathroom door close as my other flatmate gets in there first. Livid!

That one is annoying. Especially when everyone has their usual slot during the week so there shouldn't be a clash.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭Mr_Spaceman

Right then.

I'm sitting opposite my housemate now who is slurping tea. I'm sorry, but there's no need for that - people who slurp tea really boil my piss. It's classless and vulgar beyond belief.

He's also an eating machine. Seriously, I have never seen anyone eat like this guy. Wolfing two packets of crisps before making his dinner. Comes in with a mountainous plate of slop which is unceremoniously bolted down the hatch in five minutes flat. It's disgusting, frankly. Imagine sitting opposite that in a restaurant.

Naturally all this has a brutal upshot. Hence, the farting machine as a result of this gluttony comes on shortly afterwards. Like a spluttering, roaring motorbike.

Banging the bathroom door (which is beside my room). I've asked him EIGHT times not to do it and have put a note on the door. He carries on. Short of settling the matter with a sawn-off shotgun, what I am supposed to do?

Never wiping the kitchen table or worktop after messing around with cooking (see above).

Leaving dirty teaspoons to congeal on surfaces I've just wiped.

Never - repeat never - putting away wet crockery, including about 200 knives, forks and spoons. To be honest, I think I'm the only real spoon for putting up with it.

I like a clean and tidy house.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭u_c_thesecond

1. Id have just finished cleaning the kitchen, id go for a shower come down and kitchens a bombsite again, he will have decided to have a sandwich except he didnt wash up his stuff- the butters left out- theres a butery knife left on the counter with a mountian of crumbs, teabag in sink - milk sitting out !!! :mad:

2.He throws his dirty clothes/ socks /undies into the corners of the bedroom for me to collect even though theres a perfectly good laundery basket in the hall:mad:

3. Even though he knows i have a serious phobia of flies bees moths (any bug with wings) he leaves lights on in rooms with open windows (Bathroom usually) and place be destroyed in bugs:(

4.He never plugs anything out- he made a toasted sandwich last night- and this morning the thing was still plugged in!Same with kettle!!!

5. The snoring- Dear Lord the snoring!!!!!

6. And if i find ONE MORE empty cup with a hard teabag in it lying around the place ill kill him!!

7.Cant keep any biccys / crisps nothing in the house with him- its a joke the minute we get home from shopping hes delving into the bags like a child. No word of a lie i bought jaffa cakes last week put them in the fridge, that evening my sister called for a cuppa and he had them all eaten, and the ****er hasnt put up a pound since i met him!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

One of my housemates was atrocious for washing up after himself and anyone he brought into the house.

The thing that particularly annoys me is leaving a little bit if tea/coffee/hot chocolate at the bottom of a cup. It was so bad in one case that mould grew in one of our mugs. It was just disgusting.

I also always have to ask my housemates to take out the rubbish. Absolutely zero initiative.

Right then.

I'm sitting opposite my housemate now who is slurping tea. I'm sorry, but there's no need for that - people who slurp tea really boil my piss. It's classless and vulgar beyond belief.

He's also an eating machine. Seriously, I have never seen anyone eat like this guy. Wolfing two packets of crisps before making his dinner. Comes in with a mountainous plate of slop which is unceremoniously bolted down the hatch in five minutes flat. It's disgusting, frankly. Imagine sitting opposite that in a restaurant.

Naturally all this has a brutal upshot. Hence, the farting machine as a result of this gluttony comes on shortly afterwards. Like a spluttering, roaring motorbike.

Banging the bathroom door (which is beside my room). I've asked him EIGHT times not to do it and have put a note on the door. He carries on. Short of settling the matter with a sawn-off shotgun, what I am supposed to do?

Never wiping the kitchen table or worktop after messing around with cooking (see above).

Leaving dirty teaspoons to congeal on surfaces I've just wiped.

Never - repeat never - putting away wet crockery, including about 200 knives, forks and spoons. To be honest, I think I'm the only real spoon for putting up with it.

I like a clean and tidy house.

youve pretty much just described my housemate there lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭Overflow

1. Id have just finished cleaning the kitchen, id go for a shower come down and kitchens a bombsite again, he will have decided to have a sandwich except he didnt wash up his stuff- the butters left out- theres a butery knife left on the counter with a mountian of crumbs, teabag in sink - milk sitting out !!! :mad:

2.He throws his dirty clothes/ socks /undies into the corners of the bedroom for me to collect even though theres a perfectly good laundery basket in the hall:mad:

3. Even though he knows i have a serious phobia of flies bees moths (any bug with wings) he leaves lights on in rooms with open windows (Bathroom usually) and place be destroyed in bugs:(

4.He never plugs anything out- he made a toasted sandwich last night- and this morning the thing was still plugged in!Same with kettle!!!

5. The snoring- Dear Lord the snoring!!!!!

6. And if i find ONE MORE empty cup with a hard teabag in it lying around the place ill kill him!!

7.Cant keep any biccys / crisps nothing in the house with him- its a joke the minute we get home from shopping hes delving into the bags like a child. No word of a lie i bought jaffa cakes last week put them in the fridge, that evening my sister called for a cuppa and he had them all eaten, and the ****er hasnt put up a pound since i met him!

Haha he sounds like my wife, except for the eating part.

Making food, jesus christ, ive never seen anything like the mess she makes, just imagine sauces and boiling water spilled all over the cooker, salt, pepper, bits of chopped vegetables on the floor and soggy bits of kitchen roll everywhere.

Making coffee, its like she has Parkinsons, fecking coffee granules everywhere.

Dirty clothes, despite my efforts of strategically placing laundry baskets around the house, she still makes small piles of dirty clothes all over the house.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭mauzo

Where to start...

I'd tell him I'm getting in the shower, does he need the toilet etc...he'd say no.
    I get in the shower and he's straight in for a ****e :(

The bathroom lock can be opened from outside and we've no extractor fan so the door is normally left wide open.

He rams wrappers in between the couch cushions....

Aside from that he's the best housemate ever!

OH and when I asked him to get a new shower curtain he bought a see through one....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

one of my housemates burn through toilet paper. You could leave a new roll in the day she goes on a night out and the next morning its gone. I think she uses it to remove her makeup. What was even worse she had her own bathroom. One night about 4 am I go in to the bathroom do my business and flush the toilet. She had filled it up with toilet paper without flushing one and it clogged it. So at 4 am I'm unclogging the toilet with a metal hanger of excess toilet paper

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Morrissey07

my housemate has massive rage issues. For example, the other day I was just having a friendly root through his bedroom while he was out. He came back and FREAKED OUT!
    Another time I accidentally kicked my foot through his tv while practicing my line dancing routine. I thought he was going to have an aneurysm. I wouldn't mind, I did the dude a favour. It was an ancient telly.
    And apparently it's "depraved" that I used his toothbrush to comb my pubes...
    I was like "dude, you need to just chill out!"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

Overflow wrote: »
    Haha he sounds like my wife, except for the eating part.
    syndeyfife wrote: »
    Where to start...

I'd tell him I'm getting in the shower, does he need the toilet etc...he'd say no.
    I get in the shower and he's straight in for a ****e :(

jesus. I don't know how ye put up with all that

Advertisement