Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Annoying Things Your Partner / Housemates Do

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭artvanderlay

Leaving bear traps on the stairs and taking out the bulb on the landing :(

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭martomcg

I'm actually surprised no-one has mentioned this (or maybe its just me) BUT people leaving empty wash bottles of shampoo and shower gel in the shower! To the point where its like a sort of wierd grave yard!

Worse is justifying it by saying "theres a little left in the bottom" - WELL WHY DID YOU OPEN A NEW BOTTLE THEN?!?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

OH is completely incapable of putting anything in the recycling bag, leaves empty bottles, packets etc on the counter:(. I like to rinse out wine/beer bottles before putting them for recycling. He shoves chocolate bar wrappers into them, and jams the cork back in:mad:. He says I'm untidy, yet a third of one of the kitchen counters is taken up with crap belonging to him. And f**k it, he leaves the shower head on the pulse setting, drives me mad. I'm gonna have to stop now, or I'll smack him one when he gets home:o

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭flanno_7hi

fuerte1976 wrote: »
    Jesus mary n joseph ... :eek::eek:

One of the girls I lived with in UL left a bloody used flange cartridge on the windowsill in the bathroom.

Still can't fathom it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

flanno_7hi wrote: »
    flange cartridge

:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

stetyrrell wrote: »
    I'm still living at home, but the Ma has a terrible tendency to re-organise anything that looks slightly out of place, and put it in places where no-ones bound to find it, and then forgets to tell anyone.

So basically it ends up that I'm running around the house like a gob****e looking for my stuff, and she pipes up after 5 minutes or so saying, 'oh yeah, I moved it over there'.

the obviously solution to your problem is to get your own place :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

Used tampon applicator is my guess.

Correct

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

Correct

Can't have been a pretty sight.

Can't have been a pretty sight.
    It wasn't.

The other girl in the house (she had the en suite so it wasn't her) was absolutely horrified said that girls would be almost ocd about that sort of thing because of the embarrassment but this girl didn't care.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Long Time Reader

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    I'm not talking bad sh1t here - just the trivial things that your partner / spouse / housemates do that get on your nerves.

Mine:

The missus puts the plates in to the dishwasher at all angles and I have to go straighten them out coz it annoys the hell outta me!

Another is leaving the bath mat in the bathroom at a 'fancy' angle when all it does is catch in the door.

my house mate - leaves oven/hobs on for hours, does not clean up, after two years hes asked us how to use the dishwasher! never takes the trash out. doesny understand how to recycle. forgets to turn off the hot water on the boiler!!!

i could go on all day!!!

It wasn't.

The other girl in the house (she had the en suite so it wasn't her) was absolutely horrified said that girls would be almost ocd about that sort of thing because of the embarrassment but this girl didn't care.

its only a flange cartridge.... it would be worse if it was the actual tampon

its only a flange cartridge.... it would be worse if it was the actual tampon
    Hey it was bloody and on the windowsill. Put it in the bin no excuse.
    If i was ahving a shave had a mad cut and a subsquent bloody rag of bog roll it would be pretty ****ty if i left it on the windowsill for everyone else to look at never mind the fact it was a fookin flange cartridge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

Hey it was bloody and on the windowsill. Put it in the bin no excuse.
    If i was ahving a shave had a mad cut and a subsquent bloody rag of bog roll it would be pretty ****ty if i left it on the windowsill for everyone else to look at never mind the fact it was a fookin flange cartridge.

yeah that's quite disgusting. my housemate flat out refuses to take out the bin in the bathroom, I thought that was bad enough.

Did you have words with her about it? please tell me you did.

yeah that's quite disgusting. my housemate flat out refuses to take out the bin in the bathroom, I thought that was bad enough.

Did you have words with her about it? please tell me you did.

She was a bit fo a prick in all fairness and it was brought up but she didn't seem to mind. She didn't last very long in the house. Not for the mess just because of her attitude, she loved herself and seemed to think she was too good to be "down the country" in Limerick.

the house was a fookin mess most of the time, empty cans and half 2l bottles everywhere but that was beyond a joke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

If I'm talking to my boyfriend but he's on the laptop, he'll answer me with a sort of "mmm-hmm" noise.

arggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhh

I actually freaked out at him a few weeks ago because it annoys me so much :o

If I'm talking to my boyfriend but he's on the laptop, he'll answer me with a sort of "mmm-hmm" noise.

arggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhh

I actually freaked out at him a few weeks ago because it annoys me so much :o

talking to him or nagging at him? if the latter is true then he was right to say mmm-hmm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 894 ✭✭✭filmbuffboy

So the housemate I was talking about earlier on in this thread is moving out! Thank God!!

We had a huge fight over cleaning, we both said things that werent very nice..... and to be honest I could have approached him about it in a more mature fashion, instead of shouting... but its been such an ongoing issue and he wasnt ever going to change or do things the way everyone else in the house agreed to, that we ended up in a shouting match.

I sent him a note on facebook apologising for the way I approached the whole situation. I wrote to him instead of approaching him in person cause I didnt want to end up shouting at eachother again. Its been weeks and he never even wrote back.

As others have said to me, anyone else would have wrote back, even if it was to say F*** off if he didnt want to say sorry too. If he wants to remain bitter and unforgiving thats his issue.

Anyways, atmosphere is very tense in house now, but another friend is moving in in couple of weeks so we wont have to deal with the slobbery much longer.

all the house cleaning issues aside, the most annoying thing about him was the fact that he never washes his hands when he goes to the toilet. Other housemate has noticed it too. Which means he takes a crap and then goes putting his paws everywhere all over the house. DISGUSTING!!!!

Were going to have a deep clean of the house when he leaves. Happy days!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Tampon? Not sure, I had to think about it a bit :p

Ah hah! :D nearly got it...

• Advertisement

OldNotWIse wrote: »

I already said it was the applicator.
    Do others not say flange cartridge?

Do other's not say flange cartridge?
    Why the attitude?? :(

Apologies I didnt read all the posts first! I never heard anyone saying it before tbh, but I certainly wasnt having a go at anyone :rolleyes: I actually thought it was hilarious.

Why the attitude?? :(

Apologies I didnt read all the posts first! I never heard anyone saying it before tbh, but I certainly wasnt having a go at anyone :rolleyes: I actually thought it was hilarious.

Yeah sorry. My back is killing me and everyone is p*ssin me off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 186 ✭✭boomtown123

One of my housemate's friend who might aswell live there cos he's there all the f**king time, brings back a girl, asks her does she want tea, to which she agrees, then he asks me "can I use your tea?".. :rolleyes::mad:

Ended up living with two couples for the remainder of the college year. One of them sounded like a banshee having sex :mad:

French guy living in my house also - always got confused on returning home on a night out to as which room was his and which one was mine. Constantly locking my door so I was.:rolleyes:

Yeah sorry. My back is killing me and everyone is p*ssin me off.
    No worries. Upper or lower?

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭spacecookie555

Ha I know this is not big but my boyf always has itchy toes and hes not very flexible so sometimes when were in the bed he sort of curls up in a ball and rolls about the place trying to scrath hs toes, he wakes me up cause he keeps rolling into me, pulls the covers off and then acts so shocked when I get annoyed!!! Its funny the next morning but I swear ill kill him some night!!! Haha

One of my housemate's friend who might aswell live there cos he's there all the f**king time, brings back a girl, asks her does she want tea, to which she agrees, then he asks me "can I use your tea?".. :rolleyes::mad:

Ended up living with two couples for the remainder of the college year. One of them sounded like a banshee having sex :mad:

French guy living in my house also - always got confused on returning home on a night out to as which room was his and which one was mine. Constantly locking my door so I was.:rolleyes:

Do you think it was always a mistake? lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Ha I know this is not big but my boyf always has itchy toes and hes not very flexible so sometimes when were in the bed he sort of curls up in a ball and rolls about the place trying to scrath hs toes, he wakes me up cause he keeps rolling into me, pulls the covers off and then acts so shocked when I get annoyed!!! Its funny the next morning but I swear ill kill him some night!!! Haha

How can someone be that inflexible? Does he have some sort of physical mobility problem or is he just lazy? Tell him to scratch his toes out of bed next time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭CruelCoin

Herself loves cooking, which is fine by me!

But when she's eating, she makes so many of these little appreciative noises.

"mmmm, mMm, mm, mmmm, mmmm"

Sounds exactly like someone trying to have a quiet shag.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

CruelCoin wrote: »
    Herself loves cooking, which is fine by me!

But when she's eating, she makes so many of these little appreciative noises.

"mmmm, mMm, mm, mmmm, mmmm"

Sounds exactly like someone trying to have a quiet shag.
    She should get a job doing voice overs for M&S :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 23 oden

Gf taking a half slice of ham for a small sandwich,then putting the mauled half back in the packet,does my head in!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 oden

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    She should get a job doing voice overs for M&S :pac:

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭spacecookie555

Confab wrote: »

How can someone be that inflexible? Does he have some sort of physical mobility problem or is he just lazy? Tell him to scratch his toes out of bed next time.

Hahaha I think its a dose of lazyitus to be honest cause he only does it in the bed! Very annoying, I might just push him outta the bed the next time be kinda funny, he'd just roll right out haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 186 ✭✭boomtown123

Do you think it was always a mistake? lol

No :( :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭BunShopVoyeur

Do others not say flange cartridge?

I've never heard the phrase "flange cartridge" but it's brilliant. Well done sir :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement