Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Budget ITX build

Options
  • 22-04-2012 5:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭

I'm thinking of building an ITX build based of the Antec 110 case. Below is from amazon.

1. What is your budget? €350 (ish)

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? Photoshop Lightroom/Some Gaming/Internet

3. Do you need a copy of Windows? No

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? no

5. Do you need a monitor? No

5a. If yes, what size do you need. n/a

5b. If no, what resolution is your current monitor and do you plan to upgrade in the near future? 2 x 1920x1080 no

6. Do you need any of these peripherals? [Keyboard/Mouse/Wireless Card/Card Reader/Speakers/etc.] no

7. Are you willing to try overclocking? yes but probably not doable on a ITX build?

8. How can you pay? Credit Card/Laser, I also have a few quid in Amazon vouchers which makes Amazon handy to buy from

9. When are you purchasing? Next 1-2 weeks

10. If you need help building it, where are you based? n/a

I'm liking the idea of a VESA mount hence CPU must be kept to 65W. Also the build could have a nice after life as a HTPC if ITX land doesn't suite me.

Item|Price
    Toshiba MK5061GSYN 500GB 7200rpm SATA 2.5 Inch Internal Hard Dri...|£72.44
    Corsair CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9 8GB 1600MHz CL9 DDR3 Vengeance Memory T...|£40.88
    AsRock A75M-ITX Motherboard|£64.98
    Antec ISK 110 VESA 2.5 inch 90W Mountable Case - Black/Graphite|£73.73
    AMD Llano A6-3500 Tri-Core Processor with Integrated AMD Radeon ...|£55.98
    Shipping|FREE!!
    Total|£308.01

I have been reading post's and would like to see what you guys think of this as a balanced system. Yes I can build a Intel Pentium for about the same but the box would be incapable of ever playing a game. I'm not a big gamer by any stretch of the imagination but I think I could take a hit on Pure CPU for having usable 3D graphics. My main use for the PC would be lightroom over photoshop for "developing" photo's and it's more Memory hungry than CPU once you import things in the right way. I'm not worried about Import export times for photo's which could be cut down by a better CPU.

I'm also on the fence about putting in an SSD versus HDD...

Appreciate any help..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭armitage_skanks

I wouldn't be comfortable running an A6-3500 off a 90W PSU.

I know you'll probably find someone online saying they're doing it and it's fine etc but personally I think its pushing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭diarmaidol

http://www.pugetsystems.com/nav/echo/I_AMD/specs.php

These guys too. I believe a 90W psu should be good for a 65W cpu.

but I'd stand corrected...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

Interesting build! keep us posted on how it goes.
    Thanks for the link to the pugetsystems even though they seem expensive.
    I had been thinkin of doing a llano mITX build myself but havent got round to it yet, reckon i'll hold off for the new Trinity apus or intel ivy bridge at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭diarmaidol

They seem to add quite a bit of margin I think.
    I can't wait for Trinity and Ive Bridge won't delver the lower end chips for a bit either.
    My Dell Inspiron 531 is just no up to it at this point. AMD 5600+, 2Gig RAM...

Advertisement