Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do You Consider People From Northern Ireland Foreigners?

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

Anyone born north of the 'border' has the right to self determination.

I, nor any of my family, or friends (that i know off) would consider ourselves to be anything else but Irish.

I might not agree with folks who where born inn the north, who declare themselves to be 'British' but I respect them, (that is the beauty of self determination) just like I respect the countless Americans/Aussies/Canadians (even Brummy Tom :D) whom declare or class themselves as bring Irish.

You feel your nationality in your persona.

No one has the right to take your beliefs from you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭battle_hardend

woodoo wrote: »
    I've been up to a part of Belfast covered in union flags it felt pretty foreign to me. But then places like Derry city feel very Irish.

two nations - one island

Mod : Re-reg Banned

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

two nations - one island
    Sounds like the tag line of a really bad film.

• Administrators Posts: 54,128 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

most scottish people consider themselves british so its hardly a fair or accurate comparison
    You reckon many scottish people argue that they aren't scottish?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,536 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

"Foreign" to me is someone from a country other than my own, thus I would consider them foreign, though not "different". I would still consider anyone from Northern Irish as Irish though, as they're from Ireland. Nationality makes no difference to me though in anything and as such, the distinction really doesn't matter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

They'd be Irish imo.

Doesn't really bother me either way tbh.
    People want to be British? Grand, off ya go.
    People want to be Irish? Welcome to the madhouse. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭hogflem

Who else but an Irishman would dress like a Scotsman to celebrate the birthday of a Dutchman in order to prove to the world that he's English!!

Advertisement