Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where do I look for 9 month lease apartments/houses near UCD?

Options
  • 22-04-2012 6:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭

They probably aren't available yet because obviously people haven't moved out yet, but where do I look for them when the time comes?
    All the websites I've looked on only have one year leases at this stage, but I thought some people would at least be advertising by now..
    Anybody here have experience with this and have any tips? (I lived on campus this year).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭fairyprincessx

To be honest it's very luck-of-the-draw. Ask around to see if anyone is moving out of somewhere with a 9 month lease and try to get in contact with the landlord before they start to advertise it again. I managed to get a 9 month lease by chance, it was advertised on daft.ie, but we were very lucky.

If you do end up having to choose a 12-month lease make sure you have to option to sub-let it, so if you can find someone to pay the rent during the summer months the landlord won't have a problem with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭gradlife

Negotiate with the landlords, most will at least take a reduced rent over the summer or give you a month off, if you don't look like complete degenerates.

Advertisement