Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opinions on Best Value Host for .ie Domains?

Options
  • 22-04-2012 7:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭

Looking to register a personal/small business .ie website, and I've been browsing a few hosts/domain registrars. Afaik Blacknight are the most popular option for Irish websites - are there cheaper options out there? My content/bandwidth requirements would be modest - 5gb storage would be plenty, and I'm not too interested in shared hosting options, such as Blacknight's minimus package which allows you to host up to 30 web sites. That's very much surplus to requirements.

I'm just looking for a simple solution for a single website, of the kind that Droa offers for .com addresses (domain registration and free hosting - a neat all-in-one).

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Its the IEDR that set the price for .ie domains not the provider, as such the price of the domain isn't going to vary by much regardless of the provider.

The only place you'll likely save money is the actual web hosting space, if your looking for an Irish host then I'd go with blacknight imho. if you don't specifically want it hosted in Ireland then there's loads of other options.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭Priori

Thanks for the response Cabaal.
    Cabaal wrote:
    the price of the domain isn't going to vary by much regardless of the provider.

I've found that some providers offer discounts on the domain registration when you choose them for hosting, like register365.com. Might go with them, though I don't like they way they display their prices excl. vat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Blacknight do offers from this site http://domainoffers.me/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭Priori

I found this offer on spiralhosting.ie, seems really good. Just wondering if there's a catch that I'm not seeing. It says it offers free .ie domain registration - see here - and only €40 per year for what seems like a good hosting package.

Thoughts?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Corsica Nazione

Priori wrote: »
    I found this offer on spiralhosting.ie, seems really good. Just wondering if there's a catch that I'm not seeing. It says it offers free .ie domain registration - see here - and only €40 per year for what seems like a good hosting package.

Thoughts?

I host dozens of sites with spiralhosting.ie for my clients and I chose it for this very offer. The people there are really good and helped me draft letters to apply for the .ie's and I have always been successful.

The .ie's are registered within an hour and sometimes within minutes. The support is also very fast, 24/7 and has been the case for the past 5 years.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement