Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice regarding Pixmania

Options
  • 22-04-2012 7:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭

icon8.gifAdvice regarding Pixmania
    Hi there, I'm hoping I might get a little bit of advice regarding a complaint I have regarding Pixmania. I purchased an electric lawnmower which arrived promptly and I assembled it. I then realised they hadn't sent the electrical cable. I rang them and explained the issue. They said they would get back to me - which they did in an email detailing the options available - I could buy a cable directly from Bosch (the manufacturers) in the UK or I could have the lawnmower returned for a full refund. I wanted to keep the lawnmover, however I was very annoyed that they were insisting that I had to source the power cable myself.... Anyway, I got on with it, and made the call, however the manufacturer won't supply it directly. They gave me a website for a company that sell spare parts.... when I spoke the THEM, they told me that they could sell me a cable but it wasn't compatible with the lawnmower that pixmania sells as their machine is different from the UK an Irish model..... So - I asked Pixmania for the refund. And pixmania now tell me I have to send the lawnmower back disassembled and in the original box. However the grass box cannot be disassembled without breaking it, as it has plastic slats that slot together and can't be un-slotted. They sent me a return slip which says that if I return it with anything missing - including the CABLE - then they will not issue the refund!!!!

Incredibly frustrating! Their after-sales service is appalling. I spoke to a 'manager' and he was nothing short of rude.

What can I do? UPS are supposed to pick up the machine on Tuesday, but I'm afraid to send it back - I need o send two packages - one for the lawnmower and one for the grass box. And UPS will probably only accept one as I have only one returns label. Pixmania are so unaccomodating on the phone. I explained about the grass box, but either they can't hear, or the script they are reading from does not cover such a scenario. I've never encountered customer service like this before.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

They sound like a bunch of w**kers.

Best bet is to try and send the two packages with ups and see if they'll take both of em.

Solution: NEVER BUY FROM PIXMANIA

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Teagwee

Is there any chance you can use 2 boxes but tape them tightly together with loads of brown tape? If it's too big for UPS, that's their problem - and Pixmania's ;)
    I have to agree about NEVER buying from Pixmania - rudest, most unaccommodating company I've dealt with.
    Hope you get sorted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭qweeva

Teagwee wrote: »
    Is there any chance you can use 2 boxes but tape them tightly together with loads of brown tape? If it's too big for UPS, that's their problem - and Pixmania's ;)
    I have to agree about NEVER buying from Pixmania - rudest, most unaccommodating company I've dealt with.
    Hope you get sorted.

That's a good idea. I'll give that a go. Cheers :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

I've had one issue with Pixmania and ended up having to threaten the Small Claims Court just to get a full refund for them. Took me nearly a year and a half to get it all sorted (the long time it took was partly my mothers fault though).

We had to get the C.A.I involved and they were a HUGE help to be totally honest.

I'd recommend calling the C.A.I as soon as possible, explain everything and see what they say.

http://thecai.ie/

You could email them too, but it could take a few days before they get back to you so calling them would be better.

They will contact Pixmania on your behalf and try to help you as best they can.

They cannot enforce anything though, but they can advise you on what course of action you could take if Pixmania make things difficult.

As for sending back the mower, you could do that and then advise Pixmania that you will be going through the Small Claims Court (SCC) if they don't give a full refund by a certain date.

I know when I told the C.A.I that I would go through the SCC and when they informed Pixmania, I had an email from Pixmania less than 24 hours later informing me that a full refund had been issued, a few days later the refund came through.

I wouldn't even go near Pixmania now for anything, wouldn't make a difference if the item I wanted was €100 cheaper on Pixmania I would still pay the extra €100 and buy elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭Zirconia
    Boycott Israeli Goods & Services

I have had similar bad experiences with Pixmania. I ordered an item which after opening the box was smashed and in pieces. I had great difficulty getting in contact with their customer services; emails were ignored and phone numbers rang out with no-one answering. Eventually after many attempts when I did get a reply, I was told to supply photographs of the damage. I then recieved an email saying thank you and they hoped the matter was resolved to my satisfaction - though they hadn't done anything at all!!! I continued to try to get them to take back the damaged item and refund or replace it, but they just didn't reply at all despite many attempts over several months.

I will NEVER buy from these chancers again!!! :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭qweeva

I've had one issue with Pixmania and ended up having to threaten the Small Claims Court just to get a full refund for them. Took me nearly a year and a half to get it all sorted (the long time it took was partly my mothers fault though).

We had to get the C.A.I involved and they were a HUGE help to be totally honest.

I'd recommend calling the C.A.I as soon as possible, explain everything and see what they say.

http://thecai.ie/

You could email them too, but it could take a few days before they get back to you so calling them would be better.

They will contact Pixmania on your behalf and try to help you as best they can.

They cannot enforce anything though, but they can advise you on what course of action you could take if Pixmania make things difficult.

As for sending back the mower, you could do that and then advise Pixmania that you will be going through the Small Claims Court (SCC) if they don't give a full refund by a certain date.

I know when I told the C.A.I that I would go through the SCC and when they informed Pixmania, I had an email from Pixmania less than 24 hours later informing me that a full refund had been issued, a few days later the refund came through.

I wouldn't even go near Pixmania now for anything, wouldn't make a difference if the item I wanted was €100 cheaper on Pixmania I would still pay the extra €100 and buy elsewhere.

Thanks for sharing your experience. I'll take your advice and try to spread the word about this dodge company.

Advertisement