Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Deauville Service Help

• 22-04-2012 7:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,181 ✭✭✭

Howdy.
    Need a bit of help.
    own a Honda Deauville 08, the 750 version.

I used to get my bike services in by Enda in Carlow Motorcycles,
    Unfortunately the shop has closed down.

now im getting close to a service,
    usually for me it includes
    tyres, oil, brakes and air filter.
    will also need other items.
    will need somebody who knows what they are doing as the panniers are broken and cannot be accessed by key. ( they do not open ) so cannot easily access under seat.
    I live in Athy and work near Leopardstown, monday to friday.

what I am asking is, does anybody know of a good place I can get the bike serviced?
    I need the bike for commuting so will need to either get a loan bike when it is in for service or for the bike to be serviced at the weekend.

I know there is bikeworld, but is there anywhere else?

thanks for your help.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 353 ✭✭ogriofa

Howdy doody

I'm a fan of the Gem. They are in Ranelagh. http://www.motorbikeworkshop.ie/

Not sure about a loaner bike, but they are really helpful. And thorough. And will explain any complicated stuff if you ask them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

rameire wrote: »
    Howdy.
    Need a bit of help.
    own a Honda Deauville 08, the 750 version.

I used to get my bike services in by Enda in Carlow Motorcycles,
    Unfortunately the shop has closed down.

now im getting close to a service,
    usually for me it includes
    tyres, oil, brakes and air filter.
    will also need other items.
    will need somebody who knows what they are doing as the panniers are broken and cannot be accessed by key. ( they do not open ) so cannot easily access under seat.
    I live in Athy and work near Leopardstown, monday to friday.

what I am asking is, does anybody know of a good place I can get the bike serviced?
    I need the bike for commuting so will need to either get a loan bike when it is in for service or for the bike to be serviced at the weekend.

I know there is bikeworld, but is there anywhere else?

thanks for your help.

Brakes tyres what?
    Service is check stuff oil grease and adjust stuff change oils mabey fluids and clean or change filters. Check clearances on valves and sort any corrosion

Tyres should be changed as needed and if you change oil at the same time as tyres then either you get through a lot of tyres or very few cans of oil.

Honestly I'd really really encourage you to either buy or down load a Haynes manual for your bike and sure let someone do your brakes and tyres if you must but apart from valve clearances everything else that's routine servicing is easy and honestly I can gaurentee that youre safer and better doing your own checks.

If you get stuck there are many old hands around to give you a few pointers

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭gok

Had an NT700 for around 4 years from new - had it serviced a lot at Cotters which are fairly easy to get to (Ballymount Exit off M50). They're open on Saturday too and are good guys.

Advertisement