Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CHARITY CYCLE

Options
  • 22-04-2012 8:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭

Charity cycle organised by south kerry counselling services dedicated to the memory of Stephanie O Sullivan Milltown who tragically died last november, this cycle is from killorglin to killarney to farranfore and back to killorglin via milltown (approx dist 35 mls )on the 27th of may , this would be good preparation for ring of kerry cycle and is for a really good cause as we all have seen recently , all support would be greatly appreciated thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭ciaeim

bump

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

ciaeim wrote: »
    bump

:)

Tell me some more about this please? Have you got sponsor-cards or a linky set-up for sponsorship? I won't be doing the cycle but could sponsor if you let me know how to.

Thanks,

yes i have sponsor cards or you can phone nora at killorglin post office for more info at 0669761101 or 087 1656566

this cycle was brought about by Stephanies sisters and friends who wanted to let people that suffer from depression or have suicidal thoughts know that their is help and advice out their for them, and to also help towards the funding of these centres, which for them might help in knowing that stephanies death will have hopefully went towards helping others,for the family and friends this is very important as it gives them something positive to focus on rather than looking at the negatives all the time,,, ty for reading hope i explain everything clearly

ciaeim wrote: »
    yes i have sponsor cards or you can phone nora at killorglin post office for more info at 0669761101 or 087 1656566

this cycle was brought about by Stephanies sisters and friends who wanted to let people that suffer from depression or have suicidal thoughts know that their is help and advice out their for them, and to also help towards the funding of these centres, which for them might help in knowing that stephanies death will have hopefully went towards helping others,for the family and friends this is very important as it gives them something positive to focus on rather than looking at the negatives all the time,,, ty for reading hope i explain everything clearly

Thank you very much for this ciaeim :)

It explains everything clearly and in such a positive way.

Sincere Well done to all involved with this & Wishing everyone doing the cycle the Very Best too

Thanks again, :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15 JohnTheBobs

There's a different route mentioned for the cyclei n the Tralee Outlook.

• Advertisement

There's a different route mentioned for the cyclei n the Tralee Outlook.

yea the cycle was originally going to be to cahirsiveen and back but for safety reasons it has been changed.

Well done. Great event. Well marshalled & a fabulous turn out of cyclists.
    Weather worked out as well.

Tnanks,

JB.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭okane1

Did this cycle along with my club mates from Killarney cycling club. It was a great event, plenty of marshals at all junctions and the lovely weather put the icing on the cake.
    Hopefully it will become an annual event

okane1 wrote: »
    Did this cycle along with my club mates from Killarney cycling club. It was a great event, plenty of marshals at all junctions and the lovely weather put the icing on the cake.
    Hopefully it will become an annual event

thank you , will happen next year. with a few changes .any feed back on any improvements that could be made would be greatly appreciated

Couldn't complain. Stewarding was excellent. Back road to Beaufort was good, plenty of rolling hills !. Main road from Killarney to Farranfore is very busy with traffic but hard to avoid that. Heard a few motorists complaining about some cyclists cycling 3 abreast between Castlemaine & Milltown. Taking back road from Milltown to Killorglin also excellentbutI think the Finish should have beed a few hundred yards back from the main road.

Any complaints - Food was gone at the Fishery & I finished early enough. Start area also conjested but really happy with the event.I met Staphanie O'Sullivan once at the Harvest fair in Milltown last August & she left a very good impression on me. Really beautiful, talkative & happy with a great personality. Couldn't believe what happened.

J.

• Advertisement

Couldn't complain. Stewarding was excellent. Back road to Beaufort was good, plenty of rolling hills !. Main road from Killarney to Farranfore is very busy with traffic but hard to avoid that. Heard a few motorists complaining about some cyclists cycling 3 abreast between Castlemaine & Milltown. Taking back road from Milltown to Killorglin also excellentbutI think the Finish should have beed a few hundred yards back from the main road.

Any complaints - Food was gone at the Fishery & I finished early enough. Start area also conjested but really happy with the event.I met Staphanie O'Sullivan once at the Harvest fair in Milltown last August & she left a very good impression on me. Really beautiful, talkative & happy with a great personality. Couldn't believe what happened.

J.

thank you for your feedback, we were dissapointed with the fishery as they had assured us that would cope with the cyclists no problem but alas they did not and were not approachable either and as regards the start area you are 100% right but as novices at organising this sort of event we will learn from this one and next year their will be a different start area and venue for afterwards.and your impressions of Stephanie are quite right too and we still cant believe what happened ,,,,

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭liv491

https://picasaweb.google.com/111119610562974918573/KillorglinCycleMay2012

Some pictures I took of the cycle, while following "our gang" who were taking part

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭TigerTim

Well done.Some amount of photos. Found myself in a few of them. Great event.

T.

... here goes for Sunday May 31st 2015 :)

~ Routes same as 2014 with a 40km & 80km cycle.
    ~ Register in Community Centre Milltown between 8am -> 10am. More Details can be found here.
    ~ 40km route here.
    ~ 80km route can be found here.

I've it pencilled into my diary so here's hoping I can make this Charity Cycle this year :)

Thanks to Everyone Organising. Wonderful Idea.
    kerry4sam

• Registered Users Posts: 12,538 ✭✭✭✭siblers

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Jim05

Advertisement