Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Satmap Active 10 GPS

Options
  • 22-04-2012 8:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭

I see EastWest (hi Barry) are only going to make their digital maps available on Satmap devices. I'm a bit disappointed by that, I've never seen anyone use one of these, most people I know have Garmins.

Buying a new GPS, plus EastWest, plus OSI maps means shelling out at least €500 which is a big commitment. Plus the device itself hasn't been updated in about 3 years, and I'm not sure how likely the company is to survive long term (I believe it's a relatively small company).

On the flip side, the device itself looks great. They have a good selection of foreign maps available also. It gets excellent reviews.

Any opinions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

Have held off on the satmap for some time in the hope of an update. Well that and the fact that I'm skint.
    They are good units and I know a few MR heads with them. Got to play with one briefly.
    I do worry that they seem to be trading on that one product for the past few years. I can see updates drying up once people stop buying them and it no longer makes business sense to devote the necessary resources.
    EW mapping is so limited in their coverage that I don't see it making any difference to which unit I'll get in the end. Pity, they look like a good map but only if you happen to live in the greater Dublin area.

Advertisement