Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CAO application while still in college

Options
  • 22-04-2012 8:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

I'm in my first year of Mathematical Science in NUIG and I really don't like it. So I figured that I'll do the Summer exams, re-apply to the CAO and if I fail them then I can do Arts like I wanted in the first place.
    I was filling out the form today and it says that I have to send postal documents within next few days.
    If you have completed a course, you should include a copy of an acedemic transcript with your postal documents.
    If you have withdrawn from a course before completing it, you should enclose a certificate of attendance (with your postal documents) showing the relevant dates of entry and withdrawal.
    If you are still attending an institution of higher education give full details stating institution(s) attended, course(s) taken, dates of attendance, current status and results obtained. Attach these details to your postal documents. You do not need to supply the documentation mentioned in points 1 & 2 above.
    I'm still attending so I don't need a certificate of attendance right? So what documents do I actually need to send them? My results when I get them and that's it? Also what exactly do I say about my current status?
    Sorry if this gets asked a lot, I just don't want to screw it up! :o

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭UL_heart_throb

I can't see the logical train of thought here. How did you end up doing Mathematical Sciences in NUIG if you really wanted to do Arts? The Mathematical sciences points are higher than the Arts ones?

What difference does it make if you pass your exams or not if you want to change course?

By the way, I really don't think you should have to enclose any documents, if you are reapplying through the CAO your previous course doesn't matter.

You should get in contact with someone in the college and find out about internal transfer, as you have the points they may be able to fast track it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Anita Blow

As far as you know you do nothing.
    I'm in 1st year too and re-applied. All you need to do is fill out your Leaving Cert details as far as I know!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 pumpkin.pie

A lot of parental pressure and a little uncertainty. Maths was something I liked but not half as much as English. So my parents kept pushing me towards MS saying that there are no jobs in Arts and I'd be good at maths and like it blah blah so I caved and here we are. If I pass the exams I'd be willing to keep at it purely for the sake of saving my parents money. If I fail however I don't see the point in repeating first year in a course I hate- I'd rather do a course I actually enjoy.

So no documents then? That's a great relief, thanks a load! :)

Advertisement